• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

'Survival' Games

PROSKILLZ2

Survivor
Reaction score
I suppose so. I guess the majority of people do like the PvP aspect of it. It's just not for me. I do enjoy some of the maps I play (Especially the big ones) as there's more of a survival aspect to it. Most of the time you never reach the chest refill, and I can't remember the last time the clock ran down to the end. Thanks for the replies though :)
Try out SG Classic, sadly on Hive has a survival aspect so I think you should try that SG out as well

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
Remember when a single round of SG would last an 1 hr long? I'm talking about the first youtube hunger games when Sg1 first came out. I loved the game because it was minecraft with PvP, you get to roam a "wild" area and find things and explore and fight people, it was so interesting. But nowadays, games last like 10 minutes and exploring isn't really there anymore people just watch youtube videos to get a route and YOLO...

The majority of the community (mostly newer players) just don't see that. A work-around this would be to play SGClassic but there never enough players to play. If only MCSG had randomized chest location, less loot in chests and bigger maps.

JakeKav

Survivor
Reaction score
You know what would be awesome? Every 2 weeks they change 3 maps on the servers for a new one. It would add so much more variety and new stuff. Would be awesome!!! :)

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I will admit I do like the bigger maps with less chests more after all it is the survival ganes not the pvp games. But in response to that the majority of the community prefer small maps that are good for pvp and have nice chest routes. Now MCGamer tried to please both sides with the addition of classic, the problem is not a lot of people play that. Also because of the huge amount of players that enjoy sg the way it is now, if we changed it to have more of a survival aspect a lot of people might not agree with that and MCGamer could loose players. It's unfourunate but you have to please the majority over the minority.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello,
I quit minecraft over half a year ago due to mcsg becoming more pvp than anything. Recently I have started to come back since I got VIP for Hungry Hills. I know the servers are really popular and that, but nowadays there's never really the survival aspect involved in playing. A lot of people just take the same chest route, get OP and go on a slaughter hunt. Eventually, everyone gets full iron and a diamond sword so it might as well be pvp. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that it has changed, I just miss making a decision whether to eat raw chicken or not. People actually starved.
What do you think?
Hungry Hills really should be added to SGClassic, that uses the good old survival-focused beta plugin. Though the servers aren't too popular and SG2 is broken (still ;-;) playing SG1 on it really gives me the Hunger Games feels.

Now MCGamer tried to please both sides with the addition of classic, the problem is not a lot of people play that.
Because of the lack of maps and the best map being broken. I know they want an authentic 'beta' feel, but can't you add maps that fit the 'survival' feel? Even if the map is newer? I think you should be able to submit maps specifically for consideration in being added to SGClassic.

JakeKav

Survivor
Reaction score
Hungry Hills really should be added to SGClassic, that uses the good old survival-focused beta plugin. Though the servers aren't too popular and SG2 is broken (still ;-;) playing SG1 on it really gives me the Hunger Games feels.

Because of the lack of maps and the best map being broken. I know they want an authentic 'beta' feel, but can't you add maps that fit the 'survival' feel? Even if the map is newer? I think you should be able to submit maps specifically for consideration in being added to SGClassic.
Hungry Hills isn't called 'SG1, 2, 3 etc' so I don't think they'll use it. It was like the 3rd community map ever though back in the day. It got removed and put back on the 48 player servers. 24 players on it was so good :(

Deliciousfruit1

Survivor
Reaction score
Judging by the fact that a lot of people aren't playing Classic specifically because SG2 is still broken, I'm guessing the playerbase would increase if the bugs were fixed. Though idk if it's a difficult fix or not.

PROSKILLZ2

Survivor
Reaction score
Other people such as me would LOVE and enjoy SG Classic an absurd amount if they fixed SG2,Added Hungry Hills and SG3.

JakeKav

Survivor
Reaction score
I think Origins and Fallen Empire would be great for classic.
No. I've never played Origins but I certainly wouldn't want to play Fallen Empire. Soooo many chests it's crazy and it doesn't have that 'survival' feel to it.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
No. I've never played Origins but I certainly wouldn't want to play Fallen Empire. Soooo many chests it's crazy and it doesn't have that 'survival' feel to it.
Play Origins, in my opinion it's one of the greatest maps ever created for survival games in general. While it is a tad heavy on the chests, it adds some pretty awesome threatening things around the maps like traps and mobspawners. There are also tons of secrets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci