• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Survival Games] Nether MCSG [1.4.2]

Simey

Career
Reaction score
Cool concept, I love the idea of fighting it out in the nether! If I had any tips to give you, it would mostly be to play with the lighting of your map. Nether in complete daylight isn't the best of ideas. To grasp the nether-like feel you'd really need to make the dome out of something else.
A few blocks of glowstone here and there.. and mind blowing lava fountains is the thing to do!

XNexer

Diamond
Reaction score
Cool concept, I love the idea of fighting it out in the nether! If I had any tips to give you, it would mostly be to play with the lighting of your map. Nether in complete daylight isn't the best of ideas. To grasp the nether-like feel you'd really need to make the dome out of something else.
A few blocks of glowstone here and there.. and mind blowing lava fountains is the thing to do!
Thank You! I shall make the dome Glowstone!

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Thank You! I shall make the dome Glowstone!
A pure glowstone dome will look tacky in my opinion. Make the dome netherrack and manually add glowstone chucks (similar to that of the nether) around the dome. As mobs will be off low lighting wont be a problem and lava itself is classed as a light source.

zorrodc

Career
Reaction score
Just use World Edit and put in some spheres of glowstone

XNexer

Diamond
Reaction score
A pure glowstone dome will look tacky in my opinion. Make the dome netherrack and manually add glowstone chucks (similar to that of the nether) around the dome. As mobs will be off low lighting wont be a problem and lava itself is classed as a light source.
Alright... We'll see... Maybe I could have like Glowstone mountains, or Glowstone things sticking up out of the ground...
Thank You , all, for the feedback!

XNexer

Diamond
Reaction score
Just use World Edit and put in some spheres of glowstone
I am having trouble with World Edit... I used to use is on my CTM seires but I transferred over MCEdit... But I might use World Edit here and there...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci