• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games: Basic Tips

Blizzardbow

Survivor
Reaction score
Here in this thread, I will give some basic tips and advice to players playing the survival games.

1. ALWAYS rush the centre chests, unless you have a well-planned route to get other chests. A stone sword or armor in the centre can put you ahead of many other people.

2. TARGET and sprint for ONE CHEST only, then run away. It is not worth opening two chests as the items are usually already taken by the time you loot the first chest. And also pick the best item in the chest first.

3. MEMORISE at least some chests locations on the map. Go download the map and run it on your server and hunt for chests.

4. BLOCKING with a sword reduces the damage dealt by half. It reduces creeper explosion damage also. So if a creeper is about to explode, BLOCK!

5. DO NOT EAT ROTTEN FLESH unless absolutely necessary. (for example you have 2 hearts , 8 hunger and no other food, rotten flesh helps health regen abit)

6. KEEP your inventory ORGANISED. I suggest putting a sword in the first slot of the hotbar, a bow in the second, and food in the rest. Throw away useless crap like gunpowder, string, fishingrods, cake etc.

7. COLLECT as many ARROWS as you can. Of course you need a bow too. A bow can deal more damage than a Diamond Sword when fully charged. It comes in very handy, especially when fighting in the water.

8. WOLVES. Tame them. They can help you alot in combat.

9. KNOW where the MIDDLE is. You should go back there every night to loot the chests. The chests in the middle have better loot than the other chests. When going back to the middle, make sure you have at least a stone sword and some armor, and enough food. If not, you are just going to get killed as there are probably going to be people there stronger than you.

10. WATCH OUT for traps. Especially in the first map. There are traps that can get you stuck for the whole game, as well as lava traps.

11. CONSERVE HUNGER. Don't sprint if you don't have to. Like if there is no one chasing you.

12. DON'T move around too much during the night. Many times, mobs kill these players because there is alot of mobs around, especially in the first map.

13. DON'T go for someone you know you can't kill. Like if you have a wood sword and go for a guy with full armor and an iron sword.

14. MUSHROOM STEW is an unlimited source of food if you have bowl and mushrooms.

15. WATCH YOUR BACK. You never know when someone is sneaking up behind you.

16. CAKES, FLINT AND STEEL. They are useless, don't bother getting them.

Nolam

Experienced
Reaction score
Good tips, I'll keep some in mind.

BlindReaction

Spectator
Reaction score
Reading this put a smile on my face because this is exactly what I think and do during games.

Spl1nk

Tribute
Reaction score
FALSE
Bows do 4 1/2 Damage. That is equal to a diamond sword. But they have a chance of doing 5 hearts damage.
But critical hits with a sword add 50% of the normal damage to the damage of a sword.
For Diamond sword this means: 4 1/2 + 2 1/4 = 6 1/2 (it is rounded down.)
This is, strictly speaking, A ton of damage. One hit with a bow and a critical hit finish off unarmoured players.

OrangeSpark

Spectator
Reaction score
I already know/do these things every match, and this is just a visual chart for that knowledge. :D

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
1. Cakes are NOT bad! You can lock someone in... :p
2. Flint n' steel is awsome when you run away from someone!

But... Except for that. This is some pretty nice tips!

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
1. Cakes are NOT bad! You can lock someone in... :p
2. Flint n' steel is awsome when you run away from someone!

But... Except for that. This is some pretty nice tips!
look at the date this was posted

lehparsiphel

Experienced
Reaction score
2. TARGET and sprint for ONE CHEST only, then run away. It is not worth opening two chests as the items are usually already taken by the time you loot the first chest. And also pick the best item in the chest first.

hehheh, i sometimes get 5 chests on quarter quells with minimal ppl on it xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci