• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestions by Pyrus Zodiac

PyrusZodiac

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey guys!
PyrusZodiac here!
This is a small thread for my suggestions for MCSG.
I will add more as time passes and ideas flow through my mind.
Feel free to leave a comment on your thoughts about this!
So for now...

• Chests will be labelled by their tiers like this vvv

-This suggestion is to avoid confusion and to know what tier chests were supposed to be when they are empty and to find good chest routes.

• My next suggestion is to replace Flint and Steel with Fire Charges so that the code with flint and steel having 4 uses only won't exist anymore.
But then again there would be a code making it so that when you craft flint together with an iron ingot there would be no flint and steel as an outcome.

These are all the suggestions for now.
Leave a comment on your opinions. :D
-PyrusZodiac

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't like the latter suggestion. Sure, it's not exactly 'fair' to find junk in a tier 2 and get killed by a stone sword from a tier 1, but what was stopping you from going to a few tier 1's to get a sword? What about first time map players who don't know where the tier 2's are? They have no chance of survival. The fact is, the games are not only based on skill, but there is a good amount of luck involved. Yes, some tier 2's will have pathetic contents, and yes, you will die to a tier 1 looter if you don't escape or fend them off with a fist or distraction, but the point of the game is to have people die. Otherwise, you will never see a newer player in deathmatch, only the same skilled faces. Tier two's will become slaughterhouse as players will be desperate for a reasonable sword. These are the survival games, not a friendly game of Pokemon. There are risks, and you do get screwed over a lot, and that's a part of the game.
As for the first suggestion, it's not a horrible one, but to do that would take a lot of coding, as well as make the game easier than it needs to be. In addition to luck, the games need to have confusion. Being told which chests are tier 2 in lieu of discovering them on your own will lead to a quick learning curve. In the Hunger Games series, the characters were not aware which chests were good or bad, so why should we?

PyrusZodiac

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't like the latter suggestion. Sure, it's not exactly 'fair' to find junk in a tier 2 and get killed by a stone sword from a tier 1, but what was stopping you from going to a few tier 1's to get a sword? What about first time map players who don't know where the tier 2's are? They have no chance of survival. The fact is, the games are not only based on skill, but there is a good amount of luck involved. Yes, some tier 2's will have pathetic contents, and yes, you will die to a tier 1 looter if you don't escape or fend them off with a fist or distraction, but the point of the game is to have people die. Otherwise, you will never see a newer player in deathmatch, only the same skilled faces. Tier two's will become slaughterhouse as players will be desperate for a reasonable sword. These are the survival games, not a friendly game of Pokemon. There are risks, and you do get screwed over a lot, and that's a part of the game.
As for the first suggestion, it's not a horrible one, but to do that would take a lot of coding, as well as make the game easier than it needs to be. In addition to luck, the games need to have confusion. Being told which chests are tier 2 in lieu of discovering them on your own will lead to a quick learning curve. In the Hunger Games series, the characters were not aware which chests were good or bad, so why should we?

Thanks for your opinion! :D
It drove me to remove the last suggestion.
Im sorry but Ill continue to sand with my first suggestion,Hope you don't mind :p .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci