• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SubVersion, Get off the coach and fix the bugs on MCSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkt24freak

Survivor
Reaction score
Just so you know, computer specs have pretty much nothing to do with lag. Having 6000FPS does nothing if you don't have a good connection to the servers (bad internet). Your computer is not what makes it lag, it's your internet.
I live in Kansas City, therefore, I have Google Fiber. 1GB down and 1GB up.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
This is honestly very rude and disrespectful to think that Subv3rsion is lazy and just not bothering to do anything, and you should never say such things about a person who has worked so hard for the community.

He has been working very hard on the bugs, along with owning a huge company AND having a social life. He has been extremely dedicated to these servers and has been doing his absolute best and spending his own free time on helping to make the game more enjoyable for you.

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score
I think you should go learn java then make a plugin and see how many bugs there are
This is a terribly thought out reply which you have posted on at least 2 threads. Subversion's 'job' is to programme the plugin and so he should keep on top of it.
Example that you can comprehend;
Simon Cowell: You're just not a good singer, give it up.
Contestant: HOW ABOUT YOU COME UP HERE AND TRY AND SING, SEE HOW EASY IT IS FOR YOU
Simon Cowell: My job is to judge, not sing.

You see, Subversion is programming a plugin for an official SG server network which should be top notch as he's a supposed talented programmer.

KiNNEY

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
People like you I hate -.-
Atleast have some respect for what they do for these servers
Have you heard of a LIFE

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
This is a terribly thought out reply which you have posted on at least 2 threads. Subversion's 'job' is to programme the plugin and so he should keep on top of it.
Example that you can comprehend;
Simon Cowell: You're just not a good singer, give it up.
Contestant: HOW ABOUT YOU COME UP HERE AND TRY AND SING, SEE HOW EASY IT IS FOR YOU
Simon Cowell: My job is to judge, not sing.

You see, Subversion is programming a plugin for an official SG server network which should be top notch as he's a supposed talented programmer.
For the record, I'm a decent programmer. I've been doing my programming work for over 6 years now.
Problem is - I have a duty to over 1,700 Minecraft clients to provide quality service at CubedHost. I manage and oversee everything at my company, as no one else would - things would be left unnoticed, our company's support would turn to crap, and things would not work very well if I didn't do what I do. If I were to ignore work there for more than 24-48 hours, I would have nearly 1,700 12-18 year olds whining at me about how their server lags, therefore I wouldn't have time at all for MCSG.
We do not magically know how to resolve issues with the plugin when someone reports these issues. There's a reason for this: no one ever provides more information. We NEED more information about the gameplay before we can figure out what happened. We NEED to know what server you were playing on, what region you were on, what map you were on, etc. EVERYTHING is relevant.

Keep in mind: we're ALWAYS talking with Chad and trying to figure out what the next step is for the community. Rather this be expanding to another location, adding features, or changing the way the game works in minimal or possibly game-breaking ideas, there's always some sort of plan. Even right now, there's things going on in the background that we won't discuss too much until the release date, which will slow MCSG development a bit because we're working on optimizations rather than features.

Before you all go bashing someone specifically for something, you should step back and take a look at the situation for yourself. It seems to be something this community has failed to do in the past, and thus people leave because of it.
Thank you to the those of you who defended my position, as they appear to understand what I do.

Edit: Also, I've got a good case of sleep deprivation thanks to you guys. So, seriously, chill out.

Reaction score
I was going to say... I hope to see sub's paragraph post about cubed host and sleep deprivation. Haha. When I saw the title of this thread, I was like... Oh dear, another rant thread about bugs. Hahaaha.
For the record, I'm a decent programmer. I've been doing my programming work for over 6 years now.
Problem is - I have a duty to over 1,700 Minecraft clients to provide quality service at CubedHost. I manage and oversee everything at my company, as no one else would - things would be left unnoticed, our company's support would turn to crap, and things would not work very well if I didn't do what I do. If I were to ignore work there for more than 24-48 hours, I would have nearly 1,700 12-18 year olds whining at me about how their server lags, therefore I wouldn't have time at all for MCSG.
We do not magically know how to resolve issues with the plugin when someone reports these issues. There's a reason for this: no one ever provides more information. We NEED more information about the gameplay before we can figure out what happened. We NEED to know what server you were playing on, what region you were on, what map you were on, etc. EVERYTHING is relevant.

Keep in mind: we're ALWAYS talking with Chad and trying to figure out what the next step is for the community. Rather this be expanding to another location, adding features, or changing the way the game works in minimal or possibly game-breaking ideas, there's always some sort of plan. Even right now, there's things going on in the background that we won't discuss too much until the release date, which will slow MCSG development a bit because we're working on optimizations rather than features.

Before you all go bashing someone specifically for something, you should step back and take a look at the situation for yourself. It seems to be something this community has failed to do in the past, and thus people leave because of it.
Thank you to the those of you who defended my position, as they appear to understand what I do.

Edit: Also, I've got a good case of sleep deprivation thanks to you guys. So, seriously, chill out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci