• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Stupidest suggestion ever. (MCSG Purge)

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think this is a good idea, because, as stated previously in this thread, once you have hacks, it's a bit harder to play without them. :p

Toe

District 13
Reaction score
This will just worsen the hackers...

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score

RobinHood5

Survivor
Reaction score
The problem I see is that this would be the perfect opportunity to see what hacks do/dont work and let hackers perfect their methods. It also would introduce more people to the world of hacking. It would be like if one day a year all drugs were legal. It would let the dealers network and tons more kids would get hooked.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't feel comfortable risking it. Sure, everyone might think, "Oh, it's only for a day. There's no harm in that!" But therein lies the issue: 24 hours can make a pretty big impact.

We get hundreds of new players every day. If a new player has enough bad luck to join our server on that particular day, what will they see? Hundreds of hackers willingly running around and causing a ruckus without any consequence. Even if we make it obvious like, "This is purge day, and not a regular occurrence", the poor impression made upon the players is still made, and it's most likely going to be permanent. I don't want to risk that. Hackers and banned players had a chance to be good, and they failed; we shouldn't sacrifice the enjoyment of new players for the benefit of banned ones.

I also had another idea where it was a small group of 3 or so servers per region dedicated solely to banned players. It would let everyone play, but it wouldn't track stats or anything because they're banned. The issue I thought up was that it's unlikely that banned players would pay for a Premium rank, and as such those servers will cost money with likely 0 returns. It wouldn't be worth it.

TheCornStealer

Platinum
Reaction score
Well see, have the people that will even know about the announcement will be legit forumers, and I can guarantee all the people who will install the hackers will be notable members. 60% of the in game community won't even know about it.
Omg Im so sorry
Edit: My internet derped out.
Yeah, thats the only problem, if we could find a way to get passed this, would be amerzing :)
OMJ quintuple post :eek:

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
This thread should be titled "What Would You Do if MCSG Turned Off NCP For a Day?" I personally would spend the first 50 games practicing with the fishing rod technique in order to get massive combos. Then, if everyone I saw was taking up a hacked client, I'd probably download 1.7.2 Nodus (it exists but under a different creator; the original guy refused to update his version) and go LeafyGreenTea style with kill aura.

Random Additional Rant: Kill aura is the most idiotic-looking hack ever. I've spotted AFK people using it and am immediately engrossed in turning on Fraps and then just dancing around them. If they have trigger bot on as well and their model follows you, it just looks freakin' hilarious. I die of the giggles every time it's a Wookiee skin as well. There's just something too ridiculous about a Wookiee staring at you with a blank look in his eyes and pawing at you wildly without quite being able to reach you. Okay, that wasn't much of a rant but whatevs. We now resume our thread already in progress. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci