• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Stopping Hackers [Beta]

LastReach

Tribute
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your support. I will try my best to keep the MCSG community clean of all hackers.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yes, yes, yes. I wish I had something like this on the server I moderate. :p
Is it possible to make the process automatic? So when players log in with Nodus they immediately get banned?

LastReach

Tribute
Reaction score
Yes, yes, yes. I wish I had something like this on the server I moderate. :p
Is it possible to make the process automatic? So when players log in with Nodus they immediately get banned?
Only if I made some plugin going along with it. And this is because, banning would be part of the servers job, not the clients, so I would need to set up a MySQL database connected to a plugin, automatically banning them.
The chances of me doing that are low, but it's still a possibility.

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
Kudos to you LastReach, this will be an epic tool against hackers, I cant wait to hear about people banned because of this . Question, is the nodus detection working at the moment, and if so have you been able to test both the detection of nodus users and not being able to detect ex users of nodus?

LastReach

Tribute
Reaction score
Kudos to you LastReach, this will be an epic tool against hackers, I cant wait to hear about people banned because of this . Question, is the nodus detection working at the moment, and if so have you been able to test both the detection of nodus users and not being able to detect ex users of nodus?
It no longer is able to pick up old players the fact that the list of players update every 4 hours. Within the 4 hours, yes, but any longer then that, no.

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok all i wanted to know is if you were able to confirm that it works. :p

and again great idea, because of this you are awesome. :D

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
Look pretty good, instead of recording, we will just need to take a screenshot. Awesome thanks and keep it up ! :D

Simey

Career
Reaction score
Look pretty good, instead of recording, we will just need to take a screenshot. Awesome thanks and keep it up ! :D
I don't think normal players will get this, as said above;
This client, will show a Cape on whoever has the Nodus client on, hacks on or off. If all comes well, I will release it to the administrators and moderators of this server to catch hackers.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Sounds great. Can't wait to use it :)

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Every moderator should use it and ban all hackers :p

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
Every moderator should use it and ban all hackers :p
Do note that this will only catch nodus users. so not all hackers will be caught. :/

Though the use of nodus seem rather prevalent here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci