• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Start to require 1.8!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
"Many people find the update to negate fair gameplay, and for it to be annoying, and hurt PVP aspects. Others find it to be OK, and don't really mind at all. Regardless, it is almost unchangeable on MCSG's end, and is difficult to hold a discussion about.

"There is only a certain point to which MCSG can negate minecraft updates. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow, and go with whatever minecraft throws at us :p"

This is what duckluv said to end posts about stopping 1.7 sprinting when it was first out.

I believe that this true for 1.8 changes to PVP as well. There are a few problems with the current any-version system.
-players that need 1.8 optimizations or players that just use 1.8 anyway cannot blockhit (unfair for certain players who have bad computers
-players are urged to use 1.7, even if they want to use the new version (not allowing players to go with the flow of updates)
-players that hate cheap block hitting are having to stand it (to be honest, who enjoys block-hitting?)

Let us let go of 1.7 and move on. I know that people may not like this, but again:

"There is only a certain point to which MCSG can negate minecraft updates."

Fusionnuggets

Platinum
Reaction score
All players currently have the choice to use 1.8, which means using 1.7 isn't an "advantage." Also there is no need to make the server 1.8 only if it is compatible with 1.7 as well.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
All players currently have the choice to use 1.8, which means using 1.7 isn't an "advantage." Also there is no need to make the server 1.8 only if it is compatible with 1.7 as well.
1.7 allows players to block hit, which 1.8 renders impossible. So players that would rather use or need to use 1.8 have unequal moves to 1.7 players.

You could just say "Well, that's their problem," but understand that some people have to use 1.8 because of 1.7 lag, even with Optifine. That's like telling iPhone 6 users to downgrade to 5S instead. It's stopping new features in the 6 just because the 5S is less flexible.

Fusionnuggets

Platinum
Reaction score
1.7 allows players to block hit, which 1.8 renders impossible. So players that would rather use or need to use 1.8 have unequal moves to 1.7 players.

You could just say "Well, that's their problem," but understand that some people have to use 1.8 because of 1.7 lag, even with Optifine. That's like telling iPhone 6 users to downgrade to 5S instead. It's stopping new features in the 6 just because the 5S is less flexible.
Yes but there are very few players with that issue and MCGamer wouldn't prefer to inconvenience the majority of their players just for those few people.

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In my opinion, people will adapt to 1.8 like people will be adapting to every major change in Minecraft that has ever happened.

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
The people have a choice....Its there opinion!

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes but there are very few players with that issue and MCGamer wouldn't prefer to inconvenience the majority of their players just for those few people.
What is the inconvenience for switching to 1.8? Leaving other servers behind? Most servers are at least 1.7 and 1.8.
They all have to change eventually, and there's no point of suggesting for players to play an old update. It's counterproductive.
And what about when 1.9 comes out? 1.7 users will be left in the dust, because they will have to get used to two whole updates of PVP changes. I know what you people are thinking, "just allow 1.7, 1.8, and 1.9" but that's just ridiculous.

I apologize for seeming aggressive, but I'm on a persuasive side. I understand that this idea is easy to be denied.

Fusionnuggets

Platinum
Reaction score
What is the inconvenience for switching to 1.8? Leaving other servers behind? Most servers are at least 1.7 and 1.8.
They all have to change eventually, and there's no point of suggesting for players to play an old update. It's counterproductive.
And what about when 1.9 comes out? 1.7 users will be left in the dust, because they will have to get used to two whole updates of PVP changes. I know what you people are thinking, "just allow 1.7, 1.8, and 1.9" but that's just ridiculous.

I apologize for seeming aggressive, but I'm on a persuasive side. I understand that this idea is easy to be denied.
lol ok

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
The MCGamer servers have not been fully switched over to 1.8 is because the developers have not quite confirmed that the servers are prepared for that. Also, I believe that the servers will also start to switch over when a significant portion of the player base is using 1.8.
Question answered, thread locked. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci