• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Sponsored Streamers - Publicity Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Seeing as the thread has not been posted on in over 24 hours, I am allowed to bump the thread.

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
I think this is a really good idea. A good way to draw in more active players and strengthen the server's content creator community.

It'd also give Moderators another role as potential stream managers and moderators.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I think this is a really good idea. A good way to draw in more active players and strengthen the server's content creator community.

It'd also give Moderators another role as potential stream managers and moderators.
Well to be honest, even if MCGamer is sponsoring a streamer, they can't assign somebody to moderate a stream. That's entirely up to the streamer. It's like running your own business. Your parents aren't your boss, so why would the be able to tell you who you want working for you.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Well to be honest, even if MCGamer is sponsoring a streamer, they can't assign somebody to moderate a stream. That's entirely up to the streamer. It's like running your own business. Your parents aren't your boss, so why would the be able to tell you who you want working for you.
The Moderators would be given a rank on the Twitch channel, perhaps after going through some sort of training process to acquaint them with Twitch and how it works.
It's something that the streamer would agree with during the application process.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
The Moderators would be given a rank on the Twitch channel, perhaps after going through some sort of training process to acquaint them with Twitch and how it works.
It's something that the streamer would agree with during the application process.
If that's the case, the streamer should have a little more say in who becomes mod. I also feel that it would be unfair if there were heavy punishments for misbehavior in the chat. Some people will probably be unaware it's now moderated by MCSG, especially because depending on the rules, streamers could have been more lenient before they had to crack down with the acception of the MCSG sponsorship.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
If that's the case, the streamer should have a little more say in who becomes mod. I also feel that it would be unfair if there were heavy punishments for misbehavior in the chat. Some people will probably be unaware it's now moderated by MCSG, especially because depending on the rules, streamers could have been more lenient before they had to crack down with the acception of the MCSG sponsorship.
I'm not sure if you understand the "Sponsored Streamer" idea.

The streamer can still have their own individual Twitch.tv channel, where they stream with their own personal settings, mods, description, etc.
But they also have access to an official MCGamer-operated channel where they can livestream, but this channel will be moderated by MCGamer's own staff team, etc.

Dexcom

Experienced
Reaction score
I vote yes! (As I do with most of your idea's)

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you understand the "Sponsored Streamer" idea.

The streamer can still have their own individual Twitch.tv channel, where they stream with their own personal settings, mods, description, etc.
But they also have access to an official MCGamer-operated channel where they can livestream, but this channel will be moderated by MCGamer's own staff team, etc.
Ohhhhhh, I thought it had something to do with an individual being sponsored by MCSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci