• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Sponsor notes.

Oliver_Hill

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the idea but one downside is that people could sponsor youtubers and include shout outs to them selves in the note

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
As long as these two suggestions are implemented, I support this suggestion completely:
  • The users name that sent the letter would be forced to be at the bottom of the letter that way if it is abusive its easy to report and ban the user
  • There should be a character limit on the note like twitter sort of that way it has to be sort and hard to give people to much info.
For the people worried about players telling people other players' locations, people already guide their friends on Skype to nearby players, so having the ability to send a note isn't of much concern.

This would be fairly easy to add. Have a second menu appear after you select an item. Have a bunch of premade messages on random items appear on the second menu, and then have the last item in the list say, "Custom"

Excellent idea to increase the social aspect of the game. I do have a question though: How would the messages be delivered?

If it's in-game chat, that's easy. If you wanted a book "written" by the player sending the sponsor item, there's an issue with inventory space (sometimes there's an issue having someone free up one space, now there would need to be two. I suppose there could be an option by default to send no note, though).

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This has been brought up in the Developer Q & A's, and has been denied because it allows spectators to communicate with the tributes within the game itself. Of course, you can use TeamSpeak and Skype, but within the Minecraft game it is impossible as a spectator to communicate with a tribute.

Nevertheless, I do agree and this would be a great suggestion. As long as there is a short character limit (say, 20 characters?), then it can't be overly abused and doesn't make too much of a difference.

Ender_Harold

Career
Reaction score
It's a good idea, but obviously, most people would probably misuse the point of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci