• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Spectators (perhaps make this a mega-thread?)

Writr

Tribute
Reaction score
Alrighty, so I'm just going to note all the problems I've seen regarding spectators over the past few hours and hopefully capture all the problems in one big thread.

Visible/Audible Spectators: For some strange reason, sometimes spectators become completely visible to the tributes, which can really throw you off when you suddenly see someone flying straight at you. Likewise, sometimes you can actually hear what spectators are saying, which (while it didn't happen while I was on) could possibly lead to spectators helping tributes by telling them where other players are and such.

Spectators blocking arrows: I'm not even sure if this is something that can be fixed other than just requesting spectators to stay out of the way, but it is possible to stand within the line of fire and block arrows, both those of skeletons and those of players. It could lead to a critical strike missing and allowing another player to win, etc.

Spectators picking up experience: When a player kills another player or a mob, if a spectator is close enough he/she can pick up the experience orbs and prevent the tribute from getting it. At the moment I don't think this is a problem as there are no enchantment tables available to tributes, but it's just something I've noticed.

Spectators influencing animals: I haven't noticed anything with the hostile mob behaviors, but spectators can get peaceful mobs to move towards them by holding wheat (they can't actually cause the animals to breed or anything). However, holding and using bones does nothing on wolves, which is probably for the best.

General bugginess: Sometimes if you try to spectate a player, that player either isn't in the game any more or you become glitched inside a wall depending on where they are. Likewise, sometimes you cannot spectate certain tributes (meaning you don't warp to them when you left-click), though there does not appear to be any specific reason for this.

Anyways, just trying to note everything I've seen so far. If I notice any more problems/if any problems become fixed I'll edit this page. :)

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
They need to get these ironed out before this gets going to far

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci