• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Spectators can see what tributes have.

Should this be added?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pipiska

Survivor
Reaction score
I like this idea. Even if you have a dead teammate, and they see 1 of the items that person have, they might not see a very good item. Maybe with a command like /seeitem [name], you would see a random item that they have, which would make it more fair. I think this is a nice suggestion! C:

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I didn't read any of the previous replies, but here's my opinion and sorry if someone already said it.

I don't think it makes much sense for the spectators to see what the tributes have. It's completely useless to them, why should they care what the tributes have? It makes it easier to sponsor exactly what the person needs, which shouldn't be possible, and people can tell their teammates what their opponents have.

It also makes hiding your weapon useless, because teammates can tell each other what other people have. The spectators will know if you have a diamond sword or a wood sword even if you're holding out a raw chicken. If someone knows what the other tributes have, they may decide to camp in some obscure corner of the map because they're scared of the other survivors. And if you have a spectator on your side from the beginning of the game, they could tell you what the other people got out of the cornucopia and if you get a stone sword you can target the people with the stuff you need.

It's also not possible to hide how many flint and steel you have, because it would show as separate stacks since you obviously can't stack flint and steel. It's impossible that I know of to make a plugin hide different stacks of items that are the same. Then people would know if you had more than a stack of arrows, an extra iron sword in your inventory which could mean you're keeping it for a teammate, how many different types of food you had and therefore what your chances of needing food are if you have a diamond that someone needs to craft something with.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
We've actually discussed this before during MCSGv2 development as a possible feature for release, but we decided against it, and it will not be implemented.

Why? As people before me have said, a dead teammate on Skype/TeamSpeak could very easily "sabotage" the game and give anyone who is alive information on what everyone has. Sure, as a spectator you already know where people are and can give information on that, but for all you know, that person may be holding a wooden sword to confuse people, and may actually have a diamond sword waiting in their inventory. The element of surprise allows you currently to say "this person is weak, go for them" and allows the player to pull out their diamond sword and kill your teammate. If this suggestion was implemented, you'd probably say something along the lines of "avoid this person, they have a diamond sword, get better armor/weapons first", which could be drastically game-changing.

Benglaas

Diamond
Reaction score
This would be abused by those who team up. Especially if they are larger teams. I do not approve lol

Flyer

Roll Tide
Reaction score
Not a very good idea since it gives an advantage to teams even more.

Reqless

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No. It would make the power of a team even more superior. If they are on skype for example, one of them can just simply watch what the others have in front of a fight, to see if he should attack or retreat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci