• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Spectators can block arrows

ImmobileLizard

Survivor
Reaction score
i noticed when trying to look at someone from the front and the arrows kept bouncing off me

nossr50

Survivor
Reaction score
Oh boy, I don't even know where to start with this one...

Sheesh, this is going to be a pain.

FoolsPower

Survivor
Reaction score

I'm not sure how hard it'd be to code, but it'd be good if you could set a 15-20 block limit where a spectator can't physically go near the player.

So say X player was 25 blocks away, i'd only be able to move in 5-10 blocks towards him before I hit a boundary.

Arkandji

Tribute
Reaction score
I had that in the final death match just a few mins ago.
2 spectators (probably 2 that joined to the game I assume) were standing in the middle, blocking arrows and sight.
Theyve been also very distracting.

ImmobileLizard

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm not sure how hard it'd be to code, but it'd be good if you could set a 15-20 block limit where a spectator can't physically go near the player.

So say X player was 25 blocks away, i'd only be able to move in 5-10 blocks towards him before I hit a boundary.
i dont think a barrier would be much help... but it can be a temporary solution.

ImmobileLizard

Survivor
Reaction score

it leaves a challenge and when the death match starts you can just tp the spectators to the admin house to watch the death match.

Arkandji

Tribute
Reaction score
Yea I guess tping spectators to a glass cage above or freezing them in place would be the best option.

Arkandji

Tribute
Reaction score
not if you tp them above the middle slightly into the sky and simply freeze them there. Dunno if thats gonna be laggy, but at least they wont be straying around in between the fight

ImmobileLizard

Survivor
Reaction score

you can make it so they cant interact with entities since spectators can also push mobs.

EDIT: Tyler49er5 pointed this out to me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci