• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Solution for the donor problem.

Who's like?

• Yeshhh

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Yes could use some work though (Explain)

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
There is no way that they couldn't find a spot (unless there is a server shutdown), and there will still be later servers which many donors won't play on, as most donors play on easy to reach ones, such as US1 and US10 out of laziness.
5-15 donors isn't very many. In US, normally there is at least 1 lobby full of donors, and throughout all the lobbies enough for 2 full donor servers. That's excluding the donors in game. And on the weekend, that's all doubled or close to it.

I'm not saying there would be any trouble finding a spot, as I have never found trouble finding a spot even as a non-donor. But donors not having free access to those servers would limit them at least a bit and possibly (though I doubt very many, if any at all) consider not donating again.

Whenever someone rages about not being able to join a server because of donors, I just assume they are US players because those are pretty much the only ones that would have very much trouble joining the servers. So I tell them to join as one of the first people in one of the later servers like US20-40, or if they're still having trouble with that I can tell them to try playing in a different region. Normally CA won't have much lag for US players, and EU and AU aren't unplayable for me so they probably are just as playable for many of these people.

SullisaurusRex

Survivor
Reaction score
This could work but it would only be a matter of time before the complaints change and the problem now is that people can't get in because the "free" servers are full. There is an abundance of people trying to play and only so many spots to fill. I get how annoying it is getting kicked multiple times. But punishing the people who support you does not make sense ethically or business wise. The raising the price for donors idea is ridiculous as well. You punish the people who support your servers so that the ones that take a free ride can enjoy it more? How is that fair. With the argument of it being so cheap to become a donor, what is the problem? Basically what you are asking with raising the price to $50 is one person to pay 5 memberships just to get the same rights they got when they paid 1 and other people who won't pay 10 dollars to get a free ride.

My conclusion:
If you want to play the game for free, deal with the fact that it will be harder to play. If it's so cheap and all the donors are just, YOU pay the 10 dollars and then you have nothing to worry about. What right does someone have to say that what you do is cheap whenever they refuse to do even that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci