• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

So, internet fixes anyone?

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
What I've tried...

Deleting all my internet history to clear up space:
Completely unplugging my router, waiting an hour and plugging it back in.
Restarting my computer many times.
Scans for viruses (None found)

Anything at all, would be god lovely. I've said it before. I'll have to quit MCSG, and any gaming online if I can't find a fix. >.>

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Get good internet, that's probably the best way to fix it :p

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The internet my parents pay for isn't bad at all. I get 500GB of downloads. And my average results on speedtest equal to around 8 download and 1.2 upload. When I ping MCSG it says 40 MS (in CMD)

These tests should equal to good internet right? lolno.

Minecraft servers don't even load, and it polls forever then times out. It takes about 20 seconds to log in VIA: DC and, yeah.

Parents WILL NOT buy new internet as they have no idea what the hell they're talking about. We're paying for a good deal and it should be running fast, I'm asking for a fix which will speed my internet up to what it's meant to be.

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
Is it lagging for MC servers only or same on browsers(pages needs a lot of time to load)?

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
Hum... Do you have router? Do you have good internet seller?

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
First try with updating drivers for your router on the computer where it is connected...

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Also, do isolation tests. ie, connect your computer using a cable, not wifi, to see if there is possibly interference with your wireless network (that's if you use wifi, not cables in the first place). Also try setting up your router/modem right next to a phone jack to minimise cables, lots can cause bad interwebs. Also try unplugging any other phones, fax machines, etc from phone jacks, as they can sometimes upset the connection.

And really, if it's still bad after everything, ring Telstra, or get your parents to. If you are paying for internet, and it's really bad, you're not getting your money's worth.

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
Hai Nick.
Have you tried directly plugging into your router? Something I've found helps in the past. You probably have, but if not, try it.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Also, I can't use Ethernet/Cables. My parents thought it'd be a genius idea to have the computer and the router at opposite ends of the house.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci