• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Skylands Survival?

Nemo702

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey MCSG people!
I'm Nemo702 and i first played MCSG in summer 2012. I've been completely inactive for a very long time now. I've seen a video of someone playing on mcsg yesterday so I decided to try playing again. So far I can tell that the game has improved very much! It is a lot more smoother now. But to be completely honest, I HATE this scoreboard sidebar! It looks so ugly and in my opinion it is just unnecessary because you can get all the information with /i and /l. But now why im actually making this Thread: I remember when the servers still had the FyreUK lobby there was a map called Skylands Survival. I really enjoyed that map because it provided quick actionpacked games! I just wanted to know if there is a specific reason why this map is not in the map pool anymore. Because i think people would really like these fast games you usually know from Solar Frost. Another thing i would like to write about is this bad language thing with terms like 'eZ', 'l2p', 'rekt', (....). I hear a lot of people complaining about that but I'm gonna state my rather unpopular opinion here: I think terms like that are a part of survivalgames because it is a gamemode where you have to kill 23 people to win and i think such an agressive atmosphere is in the nature of this gamemode! I personally don't use terms like that because i believe in Karma.
Thank you for reading and maybe answering my question about Skylands Survival! :)

-Nemo702

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
To inform you about the trashtalkers, Col_StaR made a thread about trashtalking earlier and how it's going to be dealt with here: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/introducing-the-trashtalk-filter.175545/page-2#post-1869517

Also I was also here since the summer of 2012 and I don't remember a map called Skyland Survival on the servers, especially by FyreUK. Their big maps were Overgrown Arena, Remnant, and one or two more. Screenshots would be appreciated to help me remember.

Finally, I don't think many people want the scoreboard off the sides. It helps them look while running rather than stopping and doing /l. I feel that you may not like this due to the fact that the last time you played, it wasn't there, and it may just feel really hard to get used to.

On the other hand, welcome back! I hope you enjoy the second part of your journey here!

J

District 13
Reaction score
To inform you about the trashtalkers, Col_StaR made a thread about trashtalking earlier and how it's going to be dealt with here: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/introducing-the-trashtalk-filter.175545/page-2#post-1869517

Also I was also here since the summer of 2012 and I don't remember a map called Skyland Survival on the servers, especially by FyreUK. Their big maps were Overgrown Arena, Remnant, and one or two more. Screenshots would be appreciated to help me remember.

Finally, I don't think many people want the scoreboard off the sides. It helps them look while running rather than stopping and doing /l. I feel that you may not like this due to the fact that the last time you played, it wasn't there, and it may just feel really hard to get used to.

On the other hand, welcome back! I hope you enjoy the second part of your journey here!
^ I personally love the scoreboard on the side because it helps me keep track of time like when is refill and how many tributes are left as well as the timer for deathmatch.

Nemo702

Spectator
Reaction score

Skylands survival wasn't made by fyreuk, the lobby they had around that time was made by fyreuk. If you go to YouTube and look up 'skylands survival mcsg' im sure you will find some pictures of it :)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I remembe Skylands! To my knowledge, it was removed because there were some bugs in the map as well as the fact that the terraforming and building wasn't up to standard anymore.

MCSG, or MCGamer, had changed much since the good ol' days. We are much bigger, and with more players comes more hackers, trashtalkers, and rule breakers. It's this way on all large networks.

Anyway, it's cool to see another old player, we seem to be an endangered species nowadays.

J

District 13
Reaction score
I remembe Skylands! To my knowledge, it was removed because there were some bugs in the map as well as the fact that the terraforming and building wasn't up to standard anymore.

MCSG, or MCGamer, had changed much since the good ol' days. We are much bigger, and with more players comes more hackers, trashtalkers, and rule breakers. It's this way on all large networks.

Anyway, it's cool to see another old player, we seem to be an endangered species nowadays.
I'm an old player :'(
I remember the days when we had no hubs and had to watch the websites for the lobbies :p

Nemo702

Spectator
Reaction score

Yea the map actually did look kinda ugly xD thanks for the answer!

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

I actually do recall a map called Skyland Survival, although it is a bit fuzzy. I don't believe it being called exactly Skyland Survival but something along those lines. Anyway, the map was not built by FyreUK, but rather a community member.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I actually do recall a map called Skyland Survival, although it is a bit fuzzy. I don't believe it being called exactly Skyland Survival but something along those lines. Anyway, the map was not built by FyreUK, but rather a community member.
I can vouch, it was called Skylands Survival c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci