• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Silent Games [Poll]

Should Silent Games be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Unsure (explain doubts)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No (Explain Why)

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm surprised a quick forum search didn't show this as already suggested because it's a fairly unique idea. Here's a serious solution to cut down on flame and belittlement. Designate anywhere from 5 to 20 "silent" SG servers. The catch with these is that no one can talk, not even in the lobby. Sure, you can team via Skype and TeamSpeak to your heart's content, but NO TALKING in-game!

Hell, this is a suggestion the staff can appreciate as they won't have to moderate the in-game chat while in these servers (useful for livestreams even?).

The only staff who could see anything in chat would be senior mods and up in order to view anticheat messages and console commands.

The chat could also be modified to let only automated server broadcasts like staff livestreams, giveaways, contests, and other live events through.

PROS:
- Stops people having to hear "gg"-ing and trashtalk if they don't want to.
- Makes the staff's life easier in these servers by not having to moderate the chat
- Players would still be able to use commands (/spec , /sponsor, /stats, /server, etc.)
- Games and spectator chats in these servers would be quieter and players (esp. Youtubers) would be less annoyed by fans (or in the case of Tomahawk from back in the day: #Aspect)
- Fixes the problem of people revealing disguises to other players
-
-

CONS:
- For starters, chatty people may not like this suggestion but this forces them to make use of the public TS (or Skype or Raidcall, etc.) if they so choose. It's not like chat would be disabled in the 100+ other servers.
- If there's a hacker within 100 blocks of two people, the players have no way of quickly communicating and/or teaming (but then again, they would've joined a silent server BY CHOICE over 100+ other servers so they would've picked their poison)
-
-
-

Please keep all comments and feedback constructive. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
Seems a very interesting idea! I think you would have to allow mods chat power so they can moderate things like "Do not block glitch" but other wise it is something that should be implemented! I was also thinking of the opposite of this where there could be some servers with the mumble plugin and everyone who was in the game could join the mumble server and have a voice based game: that would most likely be too finicky and troublesome to set up ;-;

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Seems a very interesting idea! I think you would have to allow mods chat power so they can moderate things like "Do not block glitch" but other wise it is something that should be implemented! I was also thinking of the opposite of this where there could be some servers with the mumble plugin and everyone who was in the game could join the mumble server and have a voice based game: that would most likely be too finicky and troublesome to set up ;-;
If commands were enabled for staff like I've said, then mods would still be able to do /say .

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
+1 support c:

I've seen this suggested before but it would remove trash talking and harassment in one shot. Perhaps allowing talking in-lobby would be beneficial so people can team and talk.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Or disable chat during dm. It's the most common place where people trash talk. Also, stops text teams in dm. And sword block teams are a lot more unclear.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Ehh...whole game to be silent is easier. I'm sure people with a ton of fans who might, oh IDK, flood chat would appreciate silent lobbies on occasion as well. You know what I'm talking about whenever you livestream ChadTheDJ and Dave and Ava or when people who don't disguise like Graser10 , TYBZI or Bee are playing. >.>

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Ehh...whole game to be silent is easier. I'm sure people with a ton of fans who might, oh IDK, flood chat would appreciate silent lobbies on occasion as well.
If youtubers find chat a problem, there is an option to turn of chat. Or, they could implement a /ignore feature

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci