• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Show distance from the nearest tribute

Should there be a meter to show the distance between you and the nearest tribute?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie

Tribute
Reaction score
So, I know to some people it must be REALLY annoying as a spectator when there are three, four tributes left, and they are NO WHERE NEAR EACHOTHER! So, I have a solution....kinda.

I was thinking (which I don't do much ;)) And I came up with this idea!
Let's say you add a little meter type thing (Like when you hit f3 the little x and y thingy) in the corner of your screen that show the distance between you, and the tribute near you!
For example, you could be near someone, but just not see them, and the meter says "7.4 feet" so you know that you're NEAR someone, but it doesn't give you the direct location, so you can't like abuse it or anything.

So this is just a suggestion, because then when it gets down to a few people, then the remaining tributes can get an idea of where a camper/AFK person is.

MPMG

Tribute
Reaction score
I think this is an good idea but its impossible to put a meter on your screen without a client mod, and this would be a little overpowered for the really good tributes. I think it should be like [Survival Games] You hear a tribute in the distance! when around a tribute within a 100 block area. Also i like that this would speed up games but this should only happen at around 5 tributes, although great idea!

Reaction score
Yea, anything that messes with things like f3 or the boss health bar are clientside

orangelion2000

Survivor
Reaction score
maybe id do not realy know maybe its a good idea but its also to easy to find eachtother

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
On some Hunger Game servers the compass points to players instead of north.

littlebiscuitz

Tribute
Reaction score
i dont think this is a good idea because it will have people teaming up more and just 2v1ing everyone until they are the only people left

jayquaza

Spectator
Reaction score
I think that'd be unfair as every player has a different strategy, like someone might want to sneak up on his enemies but they won't be able to if they added this :(

littlebiscuitz

Tribute
Reaction score
You could maybe tweek it so if you press shift you disappear from being seen until you unpress shift?

GammaDude1

Tribute
Reaction score
I think its a good idea for tributes to be able to get directions to each other, not necessarily a distance like you are suggesting, though. I think that they should implement some item that gives you directions to the nearest tribute, like a compass that spawns in chests after a day or two and points to the nearest tribute.

InvincibleForce

Survivor
Reaction score
I like it better not knowing where my enemies are. They also don't know where I am. >: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci