• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should MCG add UHC as a gamemode?

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't mean to advertise another server, but Eximius UHC has most of the things mentioned above, including better and improved versions of 'em.
Eximius is the main one yes. Badlion also has a UHC that I believe is event-based. MCSG could feasibly take away some of the servers that nobody's playing on U.S. *cough* most of the right-hand board *cough* and convert them into a UHC section (meaning you use the extra freed up funds to host UHC servers). Naturally the question would be where do you put this new section of the hub? It would most likely have to go in a diagonal section. There is always the option of making the MCG hub multi-level though. That could be cool (not to mention it'd be quite unique).

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Pretty much the same reason why MCGamer would most likely not have added a gamemode like The Walls without inheriting the AntVenom Network. Too many servers already exist for this kind of thing, and if there was no game-changing catch to our rendition of UHC, it would be a rather fruitless venture.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, a good twist for UHC would be spectators being allowed more interaction with the players. Some sort of sponsoring feature or even a bounty one would be extremely unique to UHC. Even if Mindcrack's done it (I don't watch them), Badlion, Mineplex and Eximius haven't so that's three groups right there MCG would have beat.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I was never trying to trick you. I just thought it sounded funny xD
Well lol. I was like that must be a typo because it sounded so funny when I read it again. And then I was like wait it is called MindCrack. Therefore it is MindCrackers. They should sell those at the grocery store. ;)

Pretty much the same reason why MCGamer would most likely not have added a gamemode like The Walls without inheriting the AntVenom Network. Too many servers already exist for this kind of thing, and if there was no game-changing catch to our rendition of UHC, it would be a rather fruitless venture.
Yes I see this point. Definitely something would have to be done to be original. Maybe something that increases the action. I like the idea of no night which was used during the last few minecrack seasons, as it encourages players to stay on the surface so there may be more fights. Also, a player compass may not be a bad idea, as that would help increase the amount of fights as well. Any other ideas anyone?

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Player compasses would be a terrible UHC idea. You'd lead someone with full diamond into someone who can't find any iron and took stupid fall/mob/gravel/sand damage.

TomahawkGoesChop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why im against servers with the uhc gamemode;

1: NCP. If mcsg added a uhc gamemode, it would probbably have the same ncp, cause of Xime. Uhc with ncp is no no no no.
2: Xrayers, hackers, etc. It would have a big pile of xrayers, and there wouldnt really be any way of stoping them. In redit uhc's hosts tp to people and shid to check on them. So unless there will be a staff member specing each game, i wouldnt play this.
3: Glitches. UHC plugins are always glitchy, and very shid.
4: Booooring. Redit uhc's have different gamemodes, such as cutclean, copmensation, tripleores, rush, barebones,... And different team games such as ffa, to2, to6, rto10,... I doubt there will be a system that will put random gamemodes on.
(got much more but im tiered)
And btw, killing teams isnt hard in uhc, since there is much more tactics than on SG.

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
This is a really good idea. But IronWolf has everyone beat in terms of gamemode.

You get a kit, you have to enchant, you get a certain amount of items and you just fight.

Its like MCG's Solar Frost, but with UHC implements.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
This is a really good idea. But IronWolf has everyone beat in terms of gamemode.

You get a kit, you have to enchant, you get a certain amount of items and you just fight.

Its like MCG's Solar Frost, but with UHC implements.
Well it's all about personal preference. I tend to dislike servers with kits. MCTF2 is the only exception to this IMO because it is part of the original TF2 game so it is necessary.

TheAfroNinja

Platinum
Reaction score
Why im against servers with the uhc gamemode;

1: NCP. If mcsg added a uhc gamemode, it would probbably have the same ncp, cause of Xime. Uhc with ncp is no no no no.
2: Xrayers, hackers, etc. It would have a big pile of xrayers, and there wouldnt really be any way of stoping them. In redit uhc's hosts tp to people and shid to check on them. So unless there will be a staff member specing each game, i wouldnt play this.
3: Glitches. UHC plugins are always glitchy, and very shid.
4: Booooring. Redit uhc's have different gamemodes, such as cutclean, copmensation, tripleores, rush, barebones,... And different team games such as ffa, to2, to6, rto10,... I doubt there will be a system that will put random gamemodes on.
(got much more but im tiered)
And btw, killing teams isnt hard in uhc, since there is much more tactics than on SG.
you actually know ur shid ty

Teku3O

Career
Reaction score
What about xray mod? 90% of people who play UHC use Xray. The problem? Many people might start using it unintentionally in MCSG and start to use it to their advantage. Then, it will start spreading.
'no hack just uhc'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci