• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Shop System Rework

Should this be implemented?

• [Yes]: I prefer a dynamic economy.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • [Maybe]: Although there are flaws. (please post)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • [No]: I prefer a static economy.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Money on the Survival Server is really unbalanced, but I've got an idea for a new system to make things more interesting and sustainable.

At the moment, some items are very under-priced... and others are very over-priced, and it just seems boring a static with the only viable ways to make money being flaws of the prices that are set. This will remove that completely and make the buying and selling dynamic, allowing new ways to make profit, and removing ways to make profit constantly.

For example somebody mass producing sugarcane is constantly going to continue to get rich, until of course it gets nerfed if it does. With this suggestion, sugarcane will be viable... but the system will in a way "detect" this and slowly make it less viable until it's not very profitable so players must find multiple ways to get money, until the sugarcane becomes profitable again. Everything suggested here can still work along with signs, and does not make it any more confusing for new players, as they will just see the buy and sell price, and only intermediate players will notice the money changing.

Here is how it will work:

Buying to selling ratio

Selling price should be adjusted constantly with buying price so there is no way to scam the system. The adjustment in comparison will be 20% (at least in this example);

Item: Cookie
Buy: $100
Sell: $20​

Additionally the selling adjustment is boosted by +1% per every $250 stacked until the adjustment hits 80% (so we don't get large gaps such as buy: 100k; sell: 20k, and instead buy: 100k; sell: 80k, leaving a 20k price gap).

Item: Dragon Egg (theoretically)
Buy: $5k
Sell: $2k (20% + 20 stacks = 40%)​

The sell value will be rounded if not an integer.

Dynamic Influence from the players

If anyone has ever used or heard of the "Grand Exchange" from the game Runescape, this system will work similar to it; but more simplified.
Each item, will have two hidden variables behind it. The original (buy) price, and the dynamic (buy) price. The original price will be what is set by the admins by default, for example:

Buy: $100​

Here, "100" will always be the original price, although it can be reset and changed by administrator. Now, what the dynamic price does is, once the plugin is initiated it will automatically be set to the original price, after resets etc or by admin. Dynamic price is... what players see, how much they buy/sell things for (with the additional ratio method).

Every 16 of an item sold at shop will decrease the dynamic price by 0.1% the original price, to a max of 35%. And vise-versa for buying items in the shop.

Example:

Original
Buy: $100
Sell: $20​

*TheArenaNoob sells 640 cookies.*

Math(s):
Rule: dynamic = dynamic - (amount/16*0.1)% * original
Values: 100 = 100 - (640/16*0.1)% * 100
Answer: 96 (which is -4)

Result
Buy: $96 (-4)
Sell: $19​

*CookieMonsterJnr buys 3200 cookies.* (this is after TheArenaNoob changed price to $96)

Math(s):
Rule: dynamic = dynamic + (amount/16*0.1)% * original
Values: 96 = 96 + (3200/16*0.1)% * 100
Answer: 116(which is +20)

Result
Buy: $116
Sell: $23​

Now, let's take this into a more expensive item, with large bulk-sells to see how much impact it will be (and for this sole reason that's why there is a 35% max from original).

Example:

Original
Item: Zombie Spawner (theoretical prices)
Buy: $50k
Sell: $40k​

*ProTato sells 5600 Zombie Spawners.* (This is 100% not going to be possible unless you're an admin, but just to show the math(s))

Math(s):
Rule: dynamic = dynamic - (amount/16*0.1)% * original
Values: 50000 = 50000 - (5600/16*0.1)% * 50000
Answer: 32500 (which is -17500)

Result
Item: Zombie Spawner
Buy: $32500
Sell: $26000​

*Antsta buys 11200 Zombie Spawners* (this is after ProTato's selling)

Math(s):
Rule: dynamic = dynamic + (amount/16*0.1)% * original
Values: 32500 = 32500 + (11200/16*0.1)% * 50000
Answer: 67500(which is +35000)

Result
Item: Zombie Spawner
Buy: $67500
Sell: $54000​

That's pretty much it.

TL;DR:

Original Prices are dynamic to selling/buying to a max of +35% or -35% and sell prices are 20% of the buy price stacking +1% every $250, the end.

We will be having this on the server on the reset/change of the map in December.
It will not be 100% the same, but it will be reworked we just intended on people building a farm to harvest their goods. We will also be having Faction Shops in the future.
-Antster360

Last edited by a moderator:

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Very nice idea, I played runescape so I know what you mean, however I disagree with the sell being 20% of the original price, I think you should still sell things for expensive prices because after all, the item is still of value and doesn't depreciate.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Very nice idea, I played runescape so I know what you mean, however I disagree with the sell being 20% of the original price, I think you should still sell things for expensive prices because after all, the item is still of value and doesn't depreciate.
This can't be done with the system.

This isn't exactly like Runescape's Grand Exchange where the items are all sourced from other players into a database, instead it still buys and sells towards the server, it just dynamically changes the price so people have to work to sustain income.

If it were to buy and sell to other players then the sell price could have no cap, but towards the server selling would be abused to constantly get a good overpowered sustainable income.

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This can't be done with the system.

This isn't exactly like Runescape's Grand Exchange where the items are all sourced from other players into a database, instead it still buys and sells towards the server, it just dynamically changes the price so people have to work to sustain income.

If it were to buy and sell to other players then the sell price could have no cap, but towards the server selling would be abused to constantly get a good overpowered sustainable income.
But isn't 20% a bit TOO low?

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
But isn't 20% a bit TOO low?
Possibly, the numbers in this suggestion are theoretical though... if the developers of the Survival Server want to they could change it to 30%, 40% or even 50%...

but I believe 20% is quite decent here because on cheap items such as in this example: cookies are $100 to buy and $20 to sell which is quite a good ratio, and as the money gets higher it goes up to 80% so that items work 50k are 40k, which is quite a beautiful ratio. Putting it higher may corrupt current currency... although it will adjust itself later.

Possibly, 30%... or 35% would be a decent amount?

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Possibly, the numbers in this suggestion are theoretical though... if the developers of the Survival Server want to they could change it to 30%, 40% or even 50%...

but I believe 20% is quite decent here because on cheap items such as in this example: cookies are $100 to buy and $20 to sell which is quite a good ratio, and as the money gets higher it goes up to 80% so that items work 50k are 40k, which is quite a beautiful ratio. Putting it higher may corrupt current currency... although it will adjust itself later.

Possibly, 30%... or 35% would be a decent amount?
Yes xD

TaiserRY

Career
Reaction score
I demand player run shops aswell, like a market world where you can pay to temporarily sell things in that area.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I demand player run shops aswell, like a market world where you can pay to temporarily sell things in that area.
That's a cool idea, actually this could make use of that mansion/house (the one with the fountain in front of it across from the village) to host little "plots" were players can loan and set up stalls. ;P

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
I liked the post even though I didn't read a single word, it just looked long and intelligent. I'll read it now :p

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
All for this, the economy system we have now is quite "jacked up". It just feels like any deal you make is a lose lose situation. You lose a lot of money over buying things, and you barely make money back when selling things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci