• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Shift Clicking

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice but if you would have read carefully my sprint is already Q :p
I did read carefully and already knew that. However, having shift as sprint makes it easier to strafe to both sides.

R as sprint = Hard to strafe counter-clockwise
Q as sprint = Hard to strafe clockwise

Feel free to doubt me, but I recently switched to this and have been doing much better than I was with strafing. Give it a chance and see how you do! ;)

Good luck!

TylerWieland

Tribute
Reaction score
I did read carefully and already knew that. However, having shift as sprint makes it easier to strafe to both sides.

R as sprint = Hard to strafe counter-clockwise
Q as sprint = Hard to strafe clockwise

Feel free to doubt me, but I recently switched to this and have been doing much better than I was with strafing. Give it a chance and see how you do! ;)

Good luck!
Oh I see what 'you mean now. But shifting would also be hard to fight and strafe.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just try! I've gotten 2 wins recently and I've only used shift as sprint for about 3 days.

TylerWieland

Tribute
Reaction score
You guys have to think about capability. Look at your left-ring finger. It cannot do anything but push q if your index is pushing w so that is the best way to go for strafing.

Joooooooooooo

Spectator
Reaction score
Alright, I want to state my opinion on these shift clicking crap.
Tyler I know you do play Red Crucible (No, I'm not going to tell you who I am), and I myself do play FPS games often. Because of that, I have associated my Minecraft controls similar to the FPS controls. LShift for sprinting and LControl for sneaking.
Strafing is VERY IMPORTANT unless you're trying to increase your chances of killing yourself. That is why it is necessary for your L pinky to rest on your LShift for strafing. Your LRing finger should be reserved for A, index on D, and so on.
What I do is that I just hold LShift in combat for fast, effective strafes. There is something in Minecraft where if sometimes you hit someone, you will not be sprinting anymore but walking. And also, it is important when you are chasing someone, because if you fail to hit the oppoonent because of lag you won't get slowed down because of the LShist you're holding down.
I know that it's hard to change a habit. But it will result in better results!
Idk if this info will be irrelevant to your case, but I want to just throw out some help there.
GL

TylerWieland

Tribute
Reaction score
Alright, I want to state my opinion on these shift clicking crap.
Tyler I know you do play Red Crucible (No, I'm not going to tell you who I am), and I myself do play FPS games often. Because of that, I have associated my Minecraft controls similar to the FPS controls. LShift for sprinting and LControl for sneaking.
Strafing is VERY IMPORTANT unless you're trying to increase your chances of killing yourself. That is why it is necessary for your L pinky to rest on your LShift for strafing. Your LRing finger should be reserved for A, index on D, and so on.
What I do is that I just hold LShift in combat for fast, effective strafes. There is something in Minecraft where if sometimes you hit someone, you will not be sprinting anymore but walking. And also, it is important when you are chasing someone, because if you fail to hit the oppoonent because of lag you won't get slowed down because of the LShist you're holding down.
I know that it's hard to change a habit. But it will result in better results!
Idk if this info will be irrelevant to your case, but I want to just throw out some help there.
GL
Thats cool keep secret whatever but I don't play RC2 Anymore BTW. Back on to the topic you still do not give me a reason why my index on Q is a bad thing.

Disingenuous

Platinum
Reaction score
Shift-Clicking items into chests is certainly something that purely comes with experience. Set up chests in single player, similar to those of MCSG, and try getting better at it through that way.

If it's really proving to be that difficult, may I suggest messing around with your sensitivity settings. Maybe you're overclicking items, meaning you go to far over the item. If so, then you will probably have to lower your sensitivity.

If you appear to be underclicking, meaning you are coming too short of the present items in the chest. Then you may want to increase your sensitivity. Like I mentioned before, it purely comes with experience.

Good luck my friend!

K

KiDD

Believe it or not, connection comes into play here, and is a leading factor. If your connection isn't the greatest, or people have better connection than you do, they're going to get things faster in chests. Has it ever happened when you open a chest, get a sword, a golden apple, and maybe a helmet, but when you check again in your inventory it isn't there? Well, that's because someone got the item(s) faster than you, or just has better connection.

For example, you run to corn, click a chest, but it may take 1/2 second - 3 seconds to open, and if a person gets that chest but they have better connection so they are able to open the chest and shift click faster. However, if connection is not an issue, it may be just the factor that you're not implementing all steps into one while looting a chest. 1. Open the chest (Start right clicking at a good speed before you even reach the chest) 2. Right after you do that, hold shift and click the items out of the chest (You will start clicking and getting the items as soon as the chest opens, for example if you open the chest and your mouse cursor is already on an item you can just click)

You also probably do not have the most convenient setup for doing this. Personally, I find that tab for running and sneak for shift works the best as I can easily loot chests. You're going to just have to practice, maybe change how you loot chests, and the speed at which you do it. I also recommend having your mouse DPI (dots per inch) and sensitivity set to something that's comfortable for you. I have the SteelSeries Sensei Rival, and my sensitivity settings are DPI: 800, Windows Sens.: 4, and in-game minecraft sensitivity which is 121. So in the end you're just really going to have to experiment with settings and find what's best for you. If your connection isn't the best, play on a server that's hosted closer to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci