• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Shift Clicking

TylerWieland

Tribute
Reaction score
Okay so when I do go to spawn (about 75% of the time) I often try to shift click my items in but by the point I get one thing in my inv. all the other items in the chest are gone. I also see YouTube videos where they get about 5 items in around 2 seconds. Heres what I do:

I Run up using Q (customized strafe) and I open the chest and hover my mouse over the item and quickly hit (1,2,3,4 etc.) or just shift click but I am way too slow. Here is a Video just watch the beginning and see how fast I am. (By the way mods/admins I am not self-advertising just want a good-understanding). In this video I got all 3 items in the chest because I was the only one looting it but that's not always the case.

Any Tips?

RichyCrafter

Platinum
Reaction score
My mouse has a really fast sensitivity so, I would edit your mouse settings :D, if you can't shift click fast enough

Bcuzimbored1243

Diamond
Reaction score
One of your...problems? Is that it looked like you waited until you were hovering over the item to click. When opening a chest, it is better to just rapidly click before even getting to the chest. Say there were 5 items in the chest...You would probably click maybe 10-20 times in the chest. I can't really think of any other way other than just spend time on a single-player world constantly practicing.

If you don't want to do that, and only click when hovering over the item, it's a lot better, but harder to do; Try setting up a chest like this:

And click the white wool as fast as possible. It would really help practicing your aim with chest clicking, and even in sword pvp.
Hope this helped.

Bcuzimbored1243

Diamond
Reaction score
What Should I Click?
If you meant in a spawn/mcsg chest, I like to just spam click around, so I don't have to stop on each individual item, rather it allows me to continuously move my mouse while quickly grabbing multiple items.

If you meant in the chest practice thingy, I meant you would want to grab the white wool, and try to get as least as possible black wool.

Reaction score
i too had this problem when i was not so professional. i started off trying to improve my clicking speed, i then just went into a few mcsg games and even when i was rushing for a chest alongside someone i would attempt to click as fast as possible and try to figure out a rhythm. it will come to you eventually and the faster you click the easier it is.
side note: ping also matters, having better ping can sometimes determine whether or not you get the item before someone else, i can't really help you out with that since it is up to your broadband speed :(
Gl

Joooooooooooo

Spectator
Reaction score
Okay so when I do go to spawn (about 75% of the time) I often try to shift click my items in but by the point I get one thing in my inv. all the other items in the chest are gone. I also see YouTube videos where they get about 5 items in around 2 seconds. Heres what I do:

I Run up using Q (customized strafe) and I open the chest and hover my mouse over the item and quickly hit (1,2,3,4 etc.) or just shift click but I am way too slow. Here is a Video just watch the beginning and see how fast I am. (By the way mods/admins I am not self-advertising just want a good-understanding). In this video I got all 3 items in the chest because I was the only one looting it but that's not always the case.

Any Tips?
lmao TylerWieland
Red crucible xD

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I also see YouTube videos where they get about 5 items in around 2 seconds.
Set your sprint to Shift and your Sneak to Ctrl. It makes it so that when you want to shift click items out of chests really fast, you don't have to sneak at the beginning. Some people have trouble because they press Shift and sneak BEFORE they enter the chest, but that makes it impossible to open it if you have an item in hand. It's also better because you are sprinting in and out of corn.

Also, drag your mouse upwards. I just spam shift-click, and I can get about three items using this tactic.

TylerWieland

Tribute
Reaction score
Set your sprint to Shift and your Sneak to Ctrl. It makes it so that when you want to shift click items out of chests really fast, you don't have to sneak at the beginning. Some people have trouble because they press Shift and sneak BEFORE they enter the chest, but that makes it impossible to open it if you have an item in hand. It's also better because you are sprinting in and out of corn.

Also, drag your mouse upwards. I just spam shift-click, and I can get about three items using this tactic.
Thanks for the advice but if you would have read carefully my sprint is already Q :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci