• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Shaders should not be allowed

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
Don't you realize that the map committee downloads the map and makes sure it looks good without shaders? It's fine, because it makes the thread look nice. They wouldn't add a map that only looks good with shaders.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I just think it's an unfair advantage atm. Say RC for example decides to be fair with a map he puts up and take pics or a recording shaders-free. Then someone else makes an Ass map but takes pics or a recording with shaders -bam- this map looks better and is accepted. what. Honestly, it shouldn't be allowed so there is a standard so everyone gets to see the map itself and appreciate it for its quality. That's my opinion.
Trust me, the staff's methods of judgement aren't this primal and primative. They scan a map in and out, and verify that it looks good even without shaders or any fancy texture packs.
And what pretty much everyone said in this thread, the Shaders mod should remain allowed, but there must be a few default screenshots of the map, without any texture packs or Shaders. IMO, they were a major key in the KitPVP contest, and were very deceptive when it came to the final results. But I won't bring up something that's already set in stone.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
Most of the maps that are accepted look good without shaders, maybe excluding Fallen Colossi (but even that is a top-tier map). I wouldn't worry too much about it; most of the maps that are going to get accepted, will, regardless whether or not there are shaders. I say go ahead and use them because it can't hurt.

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
Most of the maps that are accepted look good without shaders, maybe excluding Fallen Colossi (but even that is a top-tier map). I wouldn't worry too much about it; most of the maps that are going to get accepted, will, regardless whether or not there are shaders. I say go ahead and use them because it can't hurt.
Fallen colossi is an incredible map. I just wish
A. It had crafting benches at mid
B. More chests.
Mkay.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Don't get me started with Fallen Colossi :p

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
It's terraformed well and has plenty of cool structures. It also introduced the idea of having the void as a border rather than glass.
I think I wrote a rant about the map long ago, but of course, those never get seen. While the concept of the map is cool, the structures, especially those huge obsidian arch-thingies, look vile, and they don't work together well. The layout of the cornucopia is also pretty dumb. I'm not going to get into much detail, but overall, I don't like it.

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
I think I wrote a rant about the map long ago, but of course, those never get seen. While the concept of the map is cool, the structures, especially those huge obsidian arch-thingies, look vile, and they don't work together well. The layout of the cornucopia is also pretty dumb. I'm not going to get into much detail, but overall, I don't like it.
I don't think you know the facts behind the arches and things. I honestly don't remember what it is but there is a very interesting backstory. Corn looks cool (BUT PUT FACKING WORKBENCHES IN IT). Overall, I view it as a nice map, however not one I like to play due to serious lack of chests.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think you know the facts behind the arches and things. I honestly don't remember what it is but there is a very interesting backstory. Corn looks cool (BUT PUT FACKING WORKBENCHES IN IT). Overall, I view it as a nice map, however not one I like to play due to serious lack of chests.
When you play a map, you don't think of the backstory behind it, but the visuals you are witnessing. I can build a dirt house and say it was the home of the Mayan emperor. Would that make it a nice house? No.

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
When you play a map, you don't think of the backstory behind it, but the visuals you are witnessing. I can build a dirt house and say it was the home of the Mayan emperor. Would that make it a nice house? No.
I still think it looks nice overall. Still, poor for gameplay. Little chests and bad terrain for pvp

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I still think it looks nice overall. Still, poor for gameplay. Little chests and bad terrain for pvp
Yeah, but all I'm saying is that you shouldn't think that a map is good only based on it's backstory, since it's something completely optional.
And I do agree that the gameplay isn't up to par compared with some other maps.

Enlighten

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In a way I agree. As for the map being submitted with shader pics. I feel as thought non shader pics should always be offered. I like the way maps look in shaders, but the non shader option needs to be there for those who can not install shaders such as I. :D Just a thought!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci