• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SGClassic's Needed Updates

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
We obviously had a major decline in players on SGClassic since it came out. There is obviously a reason for that. I believe that the reason is it didn't do what it's job was, providing sgv1 feels, it provided BETA feels, with glitches and only the original 2 maps.

Other things that have been highly suggested on sgclassic that would make it more "v1 feeling" are:
More maps: so SG3 and Overgrown Arena, like in V1
Bug Fixes: The main difference between v1 and v2 was the chest tiers, but sg2's chests arent tiered at all, so whatever vareide's team put in the chests when the map was created, is still in there now, basicly, sg2's tiers are broken, and have been since SGC came out.
Lobby: The lobby, again is from BETA, the lobby we were looking for was the ones with Clank's hut, and all the protips, or the ones with the old code door and chad's pirate ship. THOSE were the v1 lobbies!
Chat Colors: This hasn't been suggested yet, but back in v1, the names were blue (the &9 color not &1), and the winning messages said: Tribute [name] from district [#] has won! then said: The games are over and will restart soon... SGclassic however, uses what the current SG uses, as well as the deathmatch countdown and the match start countdown. Also, the district numbers were yellow, not red, and the points were surrounded by perinthases ( ), not brackets [ ]

I hope this sums up what SGClassic needs, and I hope that the developing staff will update this in the future. You guys can't just abandon a part of your community! SGClassic deserves just as many updates as TF2, SG, QQ, Creative, and ZedChase!

XxM0lTen_LaVAxX

Survivor
Reaction score
English please? :D lol. I agree, if you are going to add sg3 there were 2 updates to it. There was this stone castle where you went down stairs to four tier 1's. They updated to tier 2s and they they updated it so that you couldn't even go in there anymore. If you are going to add a map like SG3 please make it the first original version submitted.

Ag | Alex

District 13
Reaction score
Honestly, when I clicked on this thread, I was expecting it to be another one of those threads were people talk about adding breeze island and sg4, but I am quite pleased with what I read. These are actual GOOD ideas that could and should be implemented into SGClassic.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
This is good idea, but what SG Classic really needs is promotion to get more people to play it. Such as a donor contest to draw people to it. I don't know but your post restores faith in my opinion of the MCGamer community.

XxM0lTen_LaVAxX

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree. Maybe whoever wins a certain game? Or maybe to be entered in a contest where you must of played more than 10 games or more.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I forgot to add screenshot proof, but you can find all the proof you need here
also: This thread apparently got looked at! http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/brace-yourselves.109919/
and lastly: Thanks for the feedback, and the idea of having a contest made me think of something else missing: 48 servers. They had 5 in both US and EU (we obviously don't need that many now however). Hosting a livestream or contest on SGC would be quite difficult, because a contest with only 24 people is kinda flat... a 48 sized server would keep all the maps because all the v1 maps were 24 and 48. Just another little thing about the 'v1 feel'

XxM0lTen_LaVAxX

Survivor
Reaction score
One thing I just thought of. Two years ago I remember Hungry Hills was a 24 player map. Now it is only 48 players. I think also Hungry Hills should be added.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci