• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SGClassic Server Count

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Survival Games Classic currently has 28 US servers. I'll get right to the point. We do not need that many. As much as I love SGClassic, I will admit it has a very small community that can't handle filling up 28 servers constantly. Now I know, you run multiple servers on a rented machine and host it in a specific region. I don't know, but I can guess you have 2 machines in the US running SGC, each with 14 servers running on it. I found this out by looking at the strange numbers of servers we have on SGC and QQ, 14 and 28 aren't really that common of numbers, but then I thought "well I guess that means that they have 1 machine on QQ running 14 servers, or 2 running 7, so SGC has 2 running 14 or 4 running 7" I am one of the main SGClassic players on your servers, and I know for a fact that only 1-4 servers are in a livegame or active (12-24players) lobby at a time. I don't know much about these machines, or if this is even possible to remove half of the SGC servers, but I just thought I'd let you know that SGClassic should only need 1 machine running it's plugin. Weather it's 7 servers or 14 servers to a machine, I just think that 28 is more that the small community of SGC needs. I believe that if half the servers are removed from SGClassic, it will make it easier to see which lobbies have the most people, so you can join a game that will start, and also, you won't be paying for a machine with 14 constantly empty servers. When I say 14 constantly empty, I don't mean that 14-28 don't get played on, but when they are, 1-13 aren't getting played on. SGC18 is actually the most played classic server because you accidentally click on it all the time because its in the middle :p but if SGC 15-28 were removed, I seriously think it would be better for the SGClassic community, and the entire MCGamer communit money-wise.
Sincerely, Gecko

Zado

Platinum
Reaction score
yea just like on AS 12 servers were overkill, on SGC 28 servers is overkill because of the player base.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci