• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Servers going down for updates, EU for RAM upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchetypeAmnesia

Survivor
Reaction score
God stop complaining that you have to craft iron , now the game will be more fair for the people that try to make a run for it in the woods.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I made it so that iron is more common than diamond by 80% 20%, so it should help you to get more iron. I played 4 rounds with this new style and these are the things I see:

Pros:
Less people die at the start
People forced to explore the map more, less camping
Food is balanced better in the middle

Cons:
Harder to get armor
Harder nights because lack of protection
More teaming as people need to work together to survive (could be a pro)

I am watching the servers still and I will revert back if I don't see any positive outcome over this.

NinjaShrimp

Experienced
Reaction score
Chad is there a possibility that EU 8-9-10 will get this change for a bit when they go back up? would be nice for us folk that play on the EU servers a chance to try out the change's.

I know I could join the US servers but I get less lag on EU.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
EU 9 and 10 are not going up until tomorrow as the Datacenter goofed again :/....

Talypo

Spectator
Reaction score
I like the idea of having to craft iron swords. Right now, if anyone gets an iron sword in the start, they can go on absolute rampage just out of luck.

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
Ok I just finished a whole game with the new changes (and won!) so I can form some opinions on it.

I DO like the way it is, but it just changes a lot of things.

-Mobs claim a lot more lives, because it is a lot harder to find good armor.

-Those crafting tables are out there, we found one of them, they really help others get some gear without going back to the cornucopia

-It is a lot easier to get enough food to survive, which is great.

-The game overall is more tactical, but it also lasts a lot longer. In the game I was in, we went all the way to about 3 minutes before the 1hr deathmatch.

-My teammate and I were easily able to get diamond swords the first night by controlling the cornucopia, with which no one could really stand a chance against us.

So, the game is now more tactical and challenging, but also a lot more drawn out because people are far more wary. I think this is a good change, but since it makes the games so much longer there should be some servers that run like this for those that want a challenge, and some servers that run like before for those who dislike these changes!

NinjaShrimp

Experienced
Reaction score
EU 9 and 10 are not going up until tomorrow as the Datacenter goofed again :/....
Yeah sorry I ment EU 9 and 10. I understand they might not be up for another day but if there's a chance this update could be implemented once they go back up that would be nice ;)

skaterhan1

Tribute
Reaction score
I absolutely love this change! Lots of people (me) get very unlucky with chest and get stuck with stone swords while others are running around with gold. I think this should be a permanent change. :)

Little_Death

Survivor
Reaction score
I absolutely love this change! Lots of people (me) get very unlucky with chest and get stuck with stone swords while others are running around with gold. I think this should be a permanent change. :)
... Stone is 5x better then gold... Wood is better then gold. Gold is the worst possible option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci