• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Rule Change - Macros

Should non-abusive macros be allowed on MCGamer?

• yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • no

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

WonderWaffleYT

Experienced
Reaction score
Recently I was banned for 7 days for admitting to macros. While I fully understand that is against the rules I do not see why we should not allow people to use them in non-abusive ways.

proof from my ban: https://i.imgur.com/JY4IpfV.jpg

Macros are only against the rules to prevent players from using them to spam chat or get 100 cps. I think we should allow players to use them in non-abusive ways like saying simple things in chat. Comment your thoughts.

Ichengo

Survivor
Reaction score
… I have heard of macros and I have asked what they are, but no one has EVER made it clear… WHAT… ARE THEY!?..

WonderWaffleYT

Experienced
Reaction score
… I have heard of macros and I have asked what they are, but no one has EVER made it clear… WHAT… ARE THEY!?..
Macros are used to execute a series of key strokes with 1 button. One abusive way they can be used is when someone presses one button to click a thousand times in 3 seconds but a non-abusive way would be someone using them to type a sentence

Ichengo

Survivor
Reaction score
Macros are used to execute a series of key strokes with 1 button. One abusive way they can be used is when someone presses one button to click a thousand times in 3 seconds but a non-abusive way would be someone using them to type a sentence
ah, ok, thanks.
It seems like that would be a good idea, but theres still that temptation… everyone falls for it eventually, especially if the do something like that for a long period of time.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
ah, ok, thanks.
It seems like that would be a good idea, but theres still that temptation… everyone falls for it eventually, especially if the do something like that for a long period of time.
Tbh you are right 100%... ;/ Humans are greedy for the most part. If you give them an inch they will take a yard..

Yachty

Quantum
Reaction score
Personally I don't agree with this. Sure some people will use it non-abusively both others will take advantage of the mod being allowed and use it maliciously. Rules like this are what stop the small things from happening and makes our job of moderation a whole lot easier.
If you give them an inch they will take a yard..
^^
Also I don't see why people would need it anyways.

WonderWaffleYT

Experienced
Reaction score
Personally I don't agree with this. Sure some people will use it non-abusively both others will take advantage of the mod being allowed and use it maliciously. Rules like this are what stop the small things from happening and makes our job of moderation a whole lot easier.

^^
Also I don't see why people would need it anyways.
Maybe it shouldn't be officially allowed but I think Moderators should let small non-abusive things slide

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Like you said a big reason why (chat) macros are not allowed is to prevent spam.
But you are asking why macros to warn and help people are not allowed.

Warning is the job of a moderator, not for a community member. We do like it if people help us, but its not your job.
If you get warned by a community member (non-mod) it doesn't count as a warning (so there is no real need for you to use them). So the only thing it does is that if you would use your macro to warn someone, then a mod would do it too, it will also sort of spam the chat with the same message twice.

am0r_

Diamond
Reaction score
Just because you got banned because of something, doesn't mean you make a thread of trying to make it unbannable

ex. SO GUYS !!! I JSUT GAT BONNED UN MCSQ I TENK HACKING SHULD BE ALOWED

WonderWaffleYT

Experienced
Reaction score
Like you said a big reason why (chat) macros are not allowed is to prevent spam.
But you are asking why macros to warn and help people are not allowed.

Warning is the job of a moderator, not for a community member. We do like it if people help us, but its not your job.
If you get warned by a community member (non-mod) it doesn't count as a warning (so there is no real need for you to use them). So the only thing it does is that if you would use your macro to warn someone, then a mod would do it too, it will also sort of spam the chat with the same message twice.
yea but if you look at why I was banned I was saying it to show I'm ex staff lol I was kinda stupid but I don't think that should be bannable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci