• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Reupload. Hacking Havoc

iamlebaws

Diamond
Reaction score
* Pre- Note: Firstly, I would like to add that in my opinion this thread is most fit to Survival Games : Feature Suggestions as it mostly effects 'The Survival Games' players.

As you may or may not know, 'The Survival Games' is relentlessly thwarted with hacker after hacker, ruining the tributes' pleasure and making more and more players leave the community for other servers like 'The HIVE', thus voiding the opportunity to have the players donate and resulting in a fatal loss of revenue for the server. Furthermore, I feel that if the server does not resolve this issue, then it will fail.

At this point in time, 90% of the games I join contain a hacker which I either die to within the first minute having been chased by him/her off spawn, or in deathmatch, where running is impossible, so you just meet you fate. It is extremely demotivating when you spend an entire game doing well only to be brutally punished in the deathmatch for something that you can't help.

That's all very well but why not just send in a report?
Well, it really isn't that easy when you don't have excellent tools such as a lightning quick internet speeds and a good PC with editing software. I have only filled out 1 report in my entire MCGamer life-time, just because of the amount of time and effort it takes. My opinion is that if most members can't afford to buy some sort of donor, then they probably wont be able to afford the PC's that can run the graphically intensive recording software.

The second problem is that some people (even the ones with the gaming PC's) can't get good internet just because of the area they live in, or because of there connection to their router. Sometimes, People's upload speed is so bad that a 10 minute video uploaded to YouTube takes 2 hours. During this 2 hour's, there internet is completely devoted to the video upload, that playing at the same time is unbearable.

Basically, my point is that it takes up the best part 2-3 hours for some people to get from hacker to report. You can see how, in the end, and partly due to the sheer amount of hackers online, people would just end up not recording them, and migrating to another server.

But it isn't like that on some servers so how do they do it?

Other Server Pre-Existing Methods

• Lots of moderators: By having a lot of moderators, servers succeed in having a highly controlled, tight-knit system where hackers are carefully monitored.
  • Moderators in the hub: Helps players who can't report hackers on the forums because they can't record/upload etc. there are atleast 3-4 mods in each hub at any one time who are willing to jump into servers and inspect single players.
  • No warning, lifetime ban's: By giving lifetime bans for first time offences instantly removes hackers from the system (maybe already used)
  • Easy to find 'report player' section: Anyone else find it hard to find the report player section on MCGamer
MCGAMER Suggestion New Methods
* Pre-Note: I have absolutely no knowledge of coding therefore if something is dumb/impossible just ignore it <3
  • Easier uploading functionality: An option to upload your video quickly through the forums, instead of via YouTube.
  • /Report function: A command for all players which adds a tally to players name. Maybe 3 /report tallies per game will get the player kicked from the server. Incorrect /reports could have a separate section on the forums!
  • /Call Mod: Imagine a command that could alert a Mod to a hacker in a game, and the mod could ban the player in real time
  • The ability for mods to look at hackers' clients: Would be way easier to ban a player if you could peek into their profile, Huh?
  • A reward system for successful bans: I would be motivated to ban/report someone if there was a 100 point reward/ refund for points lost due to dying to the hacker. Maybe, consistent hacker reporters could get a 'REPORTER' rank :p
Ultimately, I think something needs to be done about the hackers on SG (EU in particular) and there needs to be available moderators all of the time.

PLEASE REPLY WITH YOUR SUGGESTIONS/OPINIONS
-iamlebaws
(Pink Swag)

Last edited by a moderator:

tommat6000

Experienced
Reaction score
Easier uploading functionality: An option to upload your video quickly through the forums, instead of via YouTube.
Would be very helpful, don't know if possible

/Report function: A command for all players which adds a tally to players name. Maybe 3 /report tallies per game will get the player kicked from the server. Incorrect /reports could have a separate section on the forums!
Could and would be abused

/Call Mod: Imagine a command that could alert a Mod to a hacker in a game, and the mod could ban the player in real time
Yes. It could send an alert to all mods on that network asking them to come help. Maybe mods could have a state, such as busy, playing, moderating, and all the mods in 'Moderating' state are given the alert

The ability for mods to look at hackers' clients: Would be way easier to ban a player if you could peek into their profile, Huh?
Not legal I don't think. :/

A reward system for successful bans: I would be motivated to ban/report someone if there was a 100 point reward/ refund for points lost due to dying to the hacker. Maybe, consistent hacker reporters could get a 'REPORTER' rank
Meh, good enough seeing a hacker banned, imo.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
You should also have to tell the server you're in with /call mod. Like, /call mod us172

Ag | Alex

District 13
Reaction score
  • No warning, lifetime ban's: By giving lifetime bans for first time offences instantly removes hackers from the system (maybe already used)
I like everything but this. If bans were immediately lifetime, so many people would be falsely banned and it would cause an uproar from the community.

Raidon

Experienced
Reaction score
  • Easier uploading functionality: An option to upload your video quickly through the forums, instead of via YouTube.

Not really possible, I doubt the Devs want to code a YouTube alternative. Also, it isn't possible to code something that helps your internet upload speed. :D

• /Report function: A command for all players which adds a tally to players name. Maybe 3 /report tallies per game will get the player kicked from the server. Incorrect /reports could have a separate section on the forums!

This will cause a lot of troll/wrong reports. For example, if a team of 3 get killed by someone, they are very likely to report that player, even if he isn't hacking.

• /Call Mod: Imagine a command that could alert a Mod to a hacker in a game, and the mod could ban the player in real time

Good Idea! I have some improvements, though. Maybe instead of /Call Mod, you could do /report [IGN of Offender] [Message/Description]. I know it uses the /report function of your previous suggestion, but I think this use is better.

• The ability for mods to look at hackers' clients: Would be way easier to ban a player if you could peek into their profile, Huh?

It is illegal to look at someone's Java Client, Chad would be behind bars.

• A reward system for successful bans: I would be motivated to ban/report someone if there was a 100 point reward/ refund for points lost due to dying to the hacker. Maybe, consistent hacker reporters could get a 'REPORTER' rank :p

Nope, people would just decide not to play the game and just report people. The "Reporter" rank has no purpose, it is very unlikely that MCG will be adding a new rank soon. (Just to clarify, Quantum is not a rank, it's a gift with the package)

I hope these opinions were helpful!

Raidon

iamlebaws

Diamond
Reaction score
I like everything but this. If bans were immediately lifetime, so many people would be falsely banned and it would cause an uproar from the community.
MCSG would have to be very careful about the bans, and the hackers would learn. Maybe after a month MCSG could be more lenient with ban appeals.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Instead of trying to get a /call mod command implemented why not just poke a mod on teamspeak? also a reward for reporting will never be implemented because if we had it where it automatically gave you a reward when you reported you could just report someone who wasn't hacking over and over again to farm rewards, we don't tell you what action has been taken (if any) against the player you reported, so we can't have it only give you a reward if the player was punished.
Also just to clear it up, yes, it is illegal to look at someone's Java Client.

iamlebaws

Diamond
Reaction score
Not really possible, I doubt the Devs want to code a YouTube alternative. Also, it isn't possible to code something that helps your internet upload speed. :D

This will cause a lot of troll/wrong reports. For example, if a team of 3 get killed by someone, they are very likely to report that player, even if he isn't hacking.

Good Idea! I have some improvements, though. Maybe instead of /Call Mod, you could do /report [IGN of Offender] [Message/Description]. I know it uses the /report function of your previous suggestion, but I think this use is better.

It is illegal to look at someone's Java Client, Chad would be behind bars.

Nope, people would just decide not to play the game and just report people. The "Reporter" rank has no purpose, it is very unlikely that MCG will be adding a new rank soon. (Just to clarify, Quantum is not a rank, it's a gift with the package)

I hope these opinions were helpful!

Raidon
Agree with 90% of what you say but I think a reporter rank / other prize would be fine, as even if people farmed bans it would reduce hackers. Also, ArgaJones, maybe the reward could be manually activated by the mod who accepts the ban appeal.

Even if people recorded normal people hoping to get them banned, they would still have to be accepted to get any reward.

As regards to the /report, you are probably right. It would largely lie on the trustworthiness of the MCGamer community. A team of 3 would just /report a good player. Maybe 4 votes...? Or even a system where 3 reports gets you a strike. 1 strike = nothing. 5 strikes = temp-ban. 10 strikes = permanent-ban. 30 people in different games saying your hacking isn't a coincidence. Strikes could be erased after a month of no strikes.

It doesn't have to literally be that, but all I ask for is a way the community can remove hackers without having to record them each time.
There are too many of them now

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Agree with 90% of what you say but I think a reporter rank / other prize would be fine, as even if people farmed bans it would reduce hackers. Also, ArgaJones, maybe the reward could be manually activated by the mod who accepts the ban appeal.

Even if people recorded normal people hoping to get them banned, they would still have to be accepted to get any reward.

As regards to the /report, you are probably right. It would largely lie on the trustworthiness of the MCGamer community. A team of 3 would just /report a good player. Maybe 4 votes...? Or even a system where 3 reports gets you a strike. 1 strike = nothing. 5 strikes = temp-ban. 10 strikes = permanent-ban. 30 people in different games saying your hacking isn't a coincidence. Strikes could be erased after a month of no strikes.

It doesn't have to literally be that, but all I ask for is a way the community can remove hackers without having to record them each time.
There are too many of them now
The thing is, we are not allowed to tell users whether the person they reported was punished or if there wasn't enough evidence, so if you got a reward only when the person you reported was banned, then you would know that they got punished. that would also lead to lots of hate against the staff, say you report a user that you think was hacking but there isn't enough evidence for a ban so i don't ban them, you would know that they went unpunished because you didn't get a reward for reporting, then you would probably hate me because you are sure that person was hacking and i didn't deal with them. Just knowing that you are helping the community by reporting should be enough of a reward.

tommat6000

Experienced
Reaction score
Instead of trying to get a /call mod command implemented why not just poke a mod on teamspeak? also a reward for reporting will never be implemented because if we had it where it automatically gave you a reward when you reported you could just report someone who wasn't hacking over and over again to farm rewards, we don't tell you what action has been taken (if any) against the player you reported, so we can't have it only give you a reward if the player was punished.
Also just to clear it up, yes, it is illegal to look at someone's Java Client.
This brings the same problem as when people say 'Just record when you see a hacker' - Not everyone owns a copy of fraps, or any decent software at all. Things like ezvid are useless for evidence because of the terrible quality.
Not everyone has teamspeak, meaning not everyone can poke a mod when they find a hacker.
It's not very convenient mid-game either, having to open teamspeak, connect, find a mod who actually replies to your pokes and then they have to gather enough evidence to ban the player.

This is why such a feature would be such a big benefit. It would be quick, convenient and, with the idea I suggested earlier, no hassle to mods.
With this, it would be 10x easier for mods to find hackers, and hopefully servers would start cleaning up much quicker.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This brings the same problem as when people say 'Just record when you see a hacker' - Not everyone owns a copy of fraps, or any decent software at all. Things like ezvid are useless for evidence because of the terrible quality.
Not everyone has teamspeak, meaning not everyone can poke a mod when they find a hacker.
It's not very convenient mid-game either, having to open teamspeak, connect, find a mod who actually replies to your pokes and then they have to gather enough evidence to ban the player.

This is why such a feature would be such a big benefit. It would be quick, convenient and, with the idea I suggested earlier, no hassle to mods.
With this, it would be 10x easier for mods to find hackers, and hopefully servers would start cleaning up much quicker.
But if it alerts all the mods then they would all come, you don't need 23 mods in a game only 1. teamspeak is free and the free version of bandicam is good enough for recording hackers, just leave teamspeak open all the time and when you see a hacker tab to teamspeak and poke a mod.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci