• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/report offline players

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So recently, another wave of hackers has plagued MCSG. I try to record or report them in-game, but sometimes it's deathmatch and the game ends before I can /report the member.

I am sent into the lobby. I have to pray that the player is in the same exact lobby at the same time. As you may have guessed, 99% of them either leave the server or join a different game. Even when they stay in the lobby, I can't type their name fast enough. Since tab-complete is broken for players (kind of), you have to type the exact name.

This has been a major pain. I find myself in these situations often, and it's frustrating knowing that you couldn't even give the mods a little heads up.

So this is my suggestion: you can /report players that are offline or in a different game, as long as the name is correct.

Pros:
-more hackers would be reported and therefore caught
-players would be able to help solve the hacker problem a bit more

Cons:
-players might abuse (e.g. /reporting known players)

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan to me. But people would abuse this kind of reporting system as you already stated, because the more known/famous players will get reported a lot.

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
This is a great idea, I hate getting killed by a hacker and leaving the game only to report him/her, only to find out that I should have stayed in game.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
(1) Generally, a report is resolved soon after a report. If a user is offline when we attempt to /goto the user, we generally don't come across them again unless they are reported again.
(2) It would be abused to an extreme degree. People abuse the command as is, spamming reports on different users, reporting people for inappropriate things, and reporting people for things that never happened. This would only expand the abuse and, as such, deter moderators from the actual troublemakers.

Overall, it isn't a terrible idea, but it would need some sort of abuse protection before being implemented. Which, at this moment in time, I can't foresee being put together.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
(1) Generally, a report is resolved soon after a report. If a user is offline when we attempt to /goto the user, we generally don't come across them again unless they are reported again.
(2) It would be abused to an extreme degree. People abuse the command as is, spamming reports on different users, reporting people for inappropriate things, and reporting people for things that never happened. This would only expand the abuse and, as such, deter moderators from the actual troublemakers.

Overall, it isn't a terrible idea, but it would need some sort of abuse protection before being implemented. Which, at this moment in time, I can't foresee being put together.
What if it only allowed you to report players in your last game?

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
What if it only allowed you to report players in your last game?
That may help but the first problem I listed still applies and the second problem I listed is somewhat solved, but it'd still be abuse at the potential 24~ people. If it was you could report anyone from your game if they were still online, then that would solve my first problem and it would be a somewhat fix to the second one.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I just find it incredibly frustrating when there's no way to report members you know are hacking if they log out. Maybe a seperate command could work, that's lower priority but still there to help mods.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci