• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Removing /bounty?

Should the command, /bounty be removed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
May aswell lock the thread, no ones coming up with anything apart from points are fun and ultimately wasting time.
.-.

edit: Zeno just posted, someone finally brings up something other than points are fun.<3
Are other points really necessary? The game is played for fun. And besides, Zeno basically just said why it was fun.

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
Bountying is a way of allowing spectators to have a say in the game. If people make short term alliances and then one of them gets a bounty of say 1000 points, they are usually a target for treachery which could start a fight and change the game.

Then there's the whole bountying people just to make them a target if they are your friend and looking for a challenge.

If people think that bountying doesn't even have a use, then they shouldn't use it while those than think it has a use can use it.

Also, if you want to judge how good someone is, and you believe that bounty is to easily affected by things such as lucky kills, getting friends to bounty you and so forth, just check their Win/Loss ratio. It isn't difficult. /Records is your friend!

derknoche

Diamond
Reaction score
If you have many points, and you don't know what do to with them: /bounty :D

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
What about if you can enable or disable bounty for yourself? If you want to have all your points legitimately, you can disable bounty to prevent people from influencing your points.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
May aswell lock the thread, no ones coming up with anything apart from points are fun and ultimately wasting time.
.-.

edit: Zeno just posted, someone finally brings up something other than points are fun.<3
What's wrong with fun? That's why we're all here right? The game is supposed to be fun, that's the point.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
.-.

All I see is a better explanation of why bounties are fun (or funny) than the other people in Zeno's post. Am I missing something?

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Are other points really necessary? The game is played for fun. And besides, Zeno basically just said why it was fun.
I was merely saying that everyones points were basically "Points are fun" Zeno actually went in-depth of the subject which I really appreciate.. I see no moderator has also locked the thread, anyone mind doing that? xo

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Admittedly, I don't really like the bounty system because I myself don't like having points. That said, I can sponsor them away so I don't get targeted because of a point total. I would rather keep the bountying system, because I no longer have to deal with noobs who think they are good because they have a higher score than me.

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
I see no moderator has also locked the thread, anyone mind doing that? xo

Oh It's being locked? I was about to type up a long argument type thing agreeing with you. Oh well :p

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
I was merely saying that everyones points were basically "Points are fun" Zeno actually went in-depth of the subject which I really appreciate.. I see no moderator has also locked the thread, anyone mind doing that? xo
If you want a thread locked, the best way is to report it.

Topic discussed, bounty is not being removed. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci