• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Remove Voting?

Should voting be removed?

• Total voters

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
What if there is a "random" choice, so a random map gets picked
YES
Rather than having a /Skip option. Have a /random option, which selects a random map from the entire map pool
I don't think that will change anything. Few people will vote random, because we have 5 map options right now and the chances that none of those are to your liking are very low, unless you just dislike all maps except the few that you constantly play.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think this is going to be a good idea. You're basically saying that people should not have the right to play the maps that they generally want to play and that they should be forced to play less likeable maps. This doesn't sound right to me - if someone enjoys a map, why should they be restrained from playing it? Also, the spam in the chat isn't really that annoying. I actually find it quiet humorous when people say 'team if you vote 3'. It's only annoying when they literally spam up arrow - enter repeatedly, which will result in a ban and players will thus learn their lesson. If a map is appreciated by enough members of the community, it will be played; if it isn't, it won't be played as much. Doesn't that sound fair?

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think this is going to be a good idea. You're basically saying that people should not have the right to play the maps that they generally want to play and that they should be forced to play less likeable maps. This doesn't sound right to me - if someone enjoys a map, why should they be restrained from playing it? Also, the spam in the chat isn't really that annoying. I actually find it quiet humorous when people say 'team if you vote 3'. It's only annoying when they literally spam up arrow - enter repeatedly, which will result in a ban and players will thus learn their lesson. If a map is appreciated by enough members of the community, it will be played; if it isn't, it won't be played as much. Doesn't that sound fair?
The majority of people who vote those overplayed maps, are the people spamming "VOTE 3 for BREEZE" yes, there are some people who vote those and actually know what there doing, but chances are whoever voted it was a noob. So no, it doesn't sound fair. You are limiting these servers to abut 4 maps, and you're saying the people that like the overplayed maps are the only ones who matter, because you say if they are overplayed they are liked. Yes, I'm not saying you're wrong, but that means some of these maps have honestly no point, you might as well just remove everything but SG4, Breeze, and Solar Frost. The game isn't even enjoyable anymore, its not fun doing the same thing over and over, something needs to change.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The majority of people who vote those overplayed maps, are the people spamming "VOTE 3 for BREEZE" yes, there are some people who vote those and actually know what there doing, but chances are whoever voted it was a noob. So no, it doesn't sound fair. You are limiting these servers to abut 4 maps, and you're saying the people that like the overplayed maps are the only ones who matter, because you say if they are overplayed they are liked. Yes, I'm not saying you're wrong, but that means some of these maps have honestly no point, you might as well just remove everything but SG4, Breeze, and Solar Frost. The game isn't even enjoyable anymore, its not fun doing the same thing over and over, something needs to change.
People rarely, if ever, vote for a map just because someone tells them to. People don't vote for maps they don't like, and people do vote for maps they do like. If you would like to say "Vote 3 for Survival Kingdom" nobody will vote for it just because you said it. Everyone will continue to vote for the map they want to play. And the map that's voted is not necessarily the only one people want to play, but it's the one that the majority of the people want to play. Majority always wins, it's only fair.
There are maps other than the over played 3 that are played. I've been playing quite a bit of Fortress Pyke, Freeze Island (the community's seeming least favourite breeze), Moonlight Lake, Wyvern's Wake and other such maps. In fact, I didn't play SG4 a single time yesterday! And I played a pretty fair amount of games where I normally would have played at least 2 SG4 games. And the new maps have stolen a lot of attention too! I've played a lot of Holiday Resort, Demon's Breeze and Valleyside University since they were released. Normally the rage of the new maps would have died down by now, but these 3 maps are booming through.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci