• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Remove ncp

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Also, i'm pretty sure it's illegal to run a client file check without someone's permission.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
subv3rsion aren't you guys developing your own version of something like NCP? At least that's what Tomahawk said in his video.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
Also, i'm pretty sure it's illegal to run a client file check without someone's permission.
That's not illegal... almost EVERY game out there does it. ARMA 2, Maplestory, ARMA 3, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc.
PunkBuster, BattlEye, the other 9001x crappy cheat prevention tools...

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Oh...here we go again. NCP. No cheat plus. The one thing that prevents hackers, but also ruins our experience. On the forums, it's a controversial topic that many people have different opinions on it. Some people like it, others not. Some people want it gone, others not. Obviously, it has many advantages, and with advantages, come disadvantages. NCP helps us in a lot of ways, but also hurts us in others.

Hackers are a big problem on these servers. MCSG is ravaged with them. Whether its Nodus, Better Sprint, Focefield, or whatever. They make the game unfair in so many ways. NCP help the server in one major way, that it gets rid of the hackers (not all, but most). Without it, our servers would be out of control, filled with hackers! Would you want that? I think the obvious answer would be no.

Then there are the disadvantages. The bugs that prevent us from having the best time we possibly could. I'd like to shine the spotlight on one that's the most controversial: Rubberbanding. There was a thread about this and I made a gianty G33ky post, so I won't go that crazy on this topic. Rubberbanding may actually be a good thing, if you're the person chasing. But, for the most part, it's not pleasant. Now let me ask you this; would you rather have hackers or Rubberbanding? That's what I thought. I know rubberbanding is not the only one, but it's an example. Replace "rubberbanding" with any other bug and it would still get the same response. No.

As for its removal, unless they could find an alternative, the answer is no. It's just too risky. I was watching one of ThatOneTomahawk 's videos, and he stated that the developers were working on their own no-cheat plugin that would be more suited with MCSG. I hope they implement it soon. I think that's why they publicly opened us69 a day or two ago. And for this idea, NO. It's HORRIBLE. Here are some reasons why;
  1. Optifine. SO many people use it, and with out, MCSG is virtually unplayable for some.
  2. There are mods that aesthetically improve the game, and have nothing to do with the game-play.
  3. People wouldn't uninstall mods just to play MCSG.
That's my say on this. I would lock this thread because overall, this is getting negative feedback.

Kthxbai
-Mamiamato24

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
That's not illegal... almost EVERY game out there does it. ARMA 2, Maplestory, ARMA 3, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc.
Finally an educated response

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ahhh. Well, you learn something new every day ;)

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
It's impossible for us to require a client file integrity check for the servers. In addition to what subv3rsion said, it would not only require everybody to give up OptiFine, but it would also require everyone to use a custom client, and even at that it's not cheatproof. It can be bypassed with ease simply by sniffing the right values for the file checksums and sending those to the server instead of the correct ones.

Basically, it's not something we're willing to do, as it would severely limit the amount of people who can or would play MCSG.

Stunt_PIg

Experienced
Reaction score
Correct me if im wrong
but isnt NoCheat imade by its own developer.
no one from MCSG is involved
so the dev's here wouldnt be able to fix problems in no cheat... right?
I'm probably wrong

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Correct me if im wrong
but isnt NoCheat imade by its own developer.
no one from MCSG is involved
so the dev's here wouldnt be able to fix problems in no cheat... right?
I'm probably wrong
Its developed by another guy, yes, but it comes with a config.yml file where you as server owner/dev have to mess around with. In the config you can change the settings as to how high the sensitivity should be. If its too high, NCP will ruin the legit players games, if its too low, it'll be wonderfull for hackers, its hard to get it just right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci