• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Remove Flint and Steel from Chests

L

Lululioness

Hey there! Before you rage on my idea or vote in the poll (Forgot to add the poll :/ ) read the thread first.

How about instead of having flint and steel in chests, they can only be crafted.

I might seem like I'm just being a "whiner" because I always die from FnS, but I actually don't mind FnS at all, its very easy to dodge. The reason I'd like this idea implemented is because it would make games a lot more challenging. players would actually have to decide whether they should use their iron and flint to make arrows, FnS, or an iron sword.

Leave your feedback below. Thanks for reading! :)

No.
I liek to have my flint for arrows, and FnS is good in Tier 2 chests.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I hate to say this since I use Flint and Steel a lot but, they're really OP and should be majorly nerfed. Also

If the rate of spawning of iron and flint is increased that would lead to more iron swords and more arrows too.

Barely. People already have tons of arrows, so it doesn't matter unless they reduce the arrow spawning per chest, and the iron swords people already make easily which essentially means it will just make more flint and steel.
I already make the decision to craft swords, FnS or arrows every game. Most of the time it's 10+ FnS but it's a tier 2 item, so it's not like they're everywhere. I think it's good to have in chests as an out if you can't get a hand on materials.

:mad:

The problem with that is it defeats the purpose of having to choose between swords and arrows and FnS. FnS isn't that common in chests so I normally have to craft it anyway; this could result in more flint and steel, arrows, and swords. If this were to happen the spawn rates would need to stay the same.
Like I already said, it won't change much. Noobs will still be noobs having trouble finding chests and therefore having a lower chance of getting any items anyways, and pros will still be pros, with OP chest routes so that they will get an Iron Sword no matter what and there will just be slightly more FnS.
People don't need more arrows unless they reduce them in chests because by the time you are given the chance to craft any arrows or something, you will probably already have enough to win you the game.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Barely. People already have tons of arrows, so it doesn't matter unless they reduce the arrow spawning per chest, and the iron swords people already make easily which essentially means it will just make more flint and steel.

Like I already said, it won't change much. Noobs will still be noobs having trouble finding chests and therefore having a lower chance of getting any items anyways, and pros will still be pros, with OP chest routes so that they will get an Iron Sword no matter what and there will just be slightly more FnS.
People don't need more arrows unless they reduce them in chests because by the time you are given the chance to craft any arrows or something, you will probably already have enough to win you the game.
If there's more FnS, isn't that opposite of the goal of this suggestion? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this suggestion was to reduce FnS.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
If there's more FnS, isn't that opposite of the goal of this suggestion? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this suggestion was to reduce FnS.
I think the idea was to make Flint and Steel harder to get. If you had to craft it, you would have to go through the risk of standing still and pretty much asking people to attack you.
Either way, a slight increase in the amount of flint and iron spawning in chests would still make for less FnS than there is now.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think the idea was to make Flint and Steel harder to get. If you had to craft it, you would have to go through the risk of standing still and pretty much asking people to attack you.
Either way, a slight increase in the amount of flint and iron spawning in chests would still make for less FnS than there is now.
There's not that much though, its in teir 2s. And relatively uncommon in them as well. It'd just make it way easier to get everything you need. Crafting 10 FnS takes me 4 seconds, and more stuff gives you more arrows and swords. I think many people already don't like how much stuff is in chests

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Hell no, flint seems to be pretty rare, if you don't find flint (which happens often) and there's a team in the game you're screwed. Just no.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
There's not that much though, its in teir 2s. And relatively uncommon in them as well. It'd just make it way easier to get everything you need. Crafting 10 FnS takes me 4 seconds, and more stuff gives you more arrows and swords. I think many people already don't like how much stuff is in chests
It's one of the most common items in tier 2's though. Often I'll end up with 4 flint and steels which I barely use before refill even comes near! How about instead of increasing crafting resources in chests, and instead of removing it from chests, we just lower the spawn rate of it in tier 2's (not sure if that's what you originally wanted, if so, re-suggesting it now :p).

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
I would disagree because 1. I am a big Flint and steel user 2. Personal reasons aside, many people rely on it to win games and use it take out teams. Imagine how much harder it would be to kill teams if you got less Flint and Steels. I like it the way it is since to me, it is the best way to take out teams.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci