• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Regional Staff?

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
So I have noticed, that most staff members have to split up their time to EU, AU, CA and, US. This means logging on to every server, to moderate that particular region. This takes time away from US/EU which has an excessive amount of hackers, and keeps the staff from doing their job to the 100%. I think that the staff team should be split into Regional staff. They would be in a staff region that they live in. For example croe97 would be an AU Sr. Moderator and Vanicle | Vanessa would be a US Sr. Moderator. This doesnt mean they couldnt log onto a different server/region and moderate it just ensures that they focus on a specific region.

Please leave your opinions.

NOTE: The thread may be edited at any time if I come up with a better detail.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
It's not a bad idea in my mind, but that's just me.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So I have noticed, that most staff members have to split up their time to EU, AU, CA and, US. This means logging on to every server, to moderate that particular region. This takes time away from US/EU which has an excessive amount of hackers, and keeps the staff from doing their job to the 100%. I think that the staff team should be split into Regional staff. They would be in a staff region that they live in. For example croe97 would be an AU Sr. Moderator and Vanicle | Vanessa would be a US Sr. Moderator. This doesnt mean they couldnt log onto a different server/region and moderate it just ensures that they focus on a specific region.

Please leave your opinions.

NOTE: The thread may be edited at any time if I come up with a better detail.
I do what I can to catch any rule breaker in any region, and I think all other moderators can say this. The reason why we say that we are AU, US, EU, or CA is so that we can show which region we can deal with better. What I mean by this is that if there is a hacker on AU, and I'm a US player it will be hard for me to catch them with the amount of lag that I have. However, we still try our hardest to catch any rule-breaker in any server.

Additionally, we like to do the most recent report sessions when people do /report. When they do this it does show us which region they are in, and usually no matter what region it is, we go there. Sooooo, yea.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, I don't see how this would improve efficiency, or even do anything at all. Moderators are to spend their time going around the entire network handling reports of rule breakers, and searching for hackers themselves. It doesn't matter what region, as long as things get done. In our reports ticket system, we handle reports from all regions. Segregating mods based on region would only create less reason for us to go handle other region's reports.

This idea may as well only lead to us doing 25% of our jobs because we're only focusing on one of four regions.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Now this brings up an interesting question………

Is it possible for moderators to view global chat, as in, reports and possibly chat from every server if they choose to?

It might be a flood of text, but if they go on a server and spot something unusual, they can log into that proxy and go to the server (Idk man mods have some funky magic they use) and then get them, might be too time consuming and confusing but just naming an idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci