• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Re-Implement the Rule Book, With the Addition of Guides

Should players spawn with rulebooks?

• Yes!

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • No (Please explain why).

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This suggestion is fairly straight forward. I'd like to have players spawn in lobbies, live games (as a spectator), and the hub with a book containing the rules. It is useful in teaching new players how to behave, and it removes the tiny shred of validity the excuse "I didn't know the rules!" had. While it might not have a massive impact on server behavior, it will probably be helpful to a decent amount of players. I can't imagine this would be too difficult to put in, as we had it in the past. It also has the bonus of being able to be sponsored. At least you could do it last time, I'd like to still be able to have fun with that!

EDIT: Guide pages for things like how to report players, ranks, etc. could be added as well.

Last edited:

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I would personally like to see this in the game. However, we can't be certain that people will read it. It's been discussed, but I don't think it would solve any serious problems. However, it would be nice as a fix for minor inquiries about asking for the rules list.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
I like it. It does take out the excuse. "I didn't know the rules!" and find it interesting where people have put them.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I would personally like to see this in the game. However, we can't be certain that people will read it. It's been discussed, but I don't think it would solve any serious problems. However, it would be nice as a fix for minor inquiries about asking for the rules list.
I realize that plenty of people won't read it, but it can only help. Thankfully I can't really find any negatives.

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But then people will start using the 'Rules Fist Glitch' where their fist does the same amount of damage as the rules. Nobody wants that.

In seriousness, openly supplying rules in every possible front is always a good idea, since that way the excuse 'I didn't know' becomes less valid. If players are given the opportunity in several locations and times to read up on the rules, them breaking the rules would be more of their choice than simply being ignorant.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the reason why they were removed in the first place was because nobody even read it any more. They just dropped the books in chests. Though it could solve minor problems, I don't think this is worth the developer's time at the moment.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the reason why they were removed in the first place was because nobody even read it any more. They just dropped the books in chests. Though it could solve minor problems, I don't think this is worth the developer's time at the moment.
It was not in because a bug caused it not to spawn correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci