• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Random's suggestion list - Regularly updated.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been noticing lately, I've been getting more and more ideas that in my opinion would make a great addition to the MCSG plugin. I plan to update this thread with these idea whenever I get them, as to keep my thread making to a minimum and still get all my ideas on the site. I'll also use this thread to mention some good posts I've seen go unnoticed.​
1.Re-introducing mobs
So, as I'm sure some of you know, mobs used to be a regular part of MCSG, but removed upon the introduction of SG3, seeing as the corn was infested with mobs. I'd love to see mobs re-intoduced as another element in the game. The quote below is something I posted in an earlier thread.​
"Mobs. In my opinion, MCSG should be a set of PvE servers, not straight PvP. Mobs give the games a more rushed feel, you find yourself in trouble far more often than in a normal game where you find yourself wandering, bored, through a map. Mobs, atleast in my expierence, make being underpowered more fun, it adds an aspect of - Search for chests, or hide. Like some people said above, mods really intensify the strategic element of the game, making it harder to hold down corn, and making you really need to think before moving into a dark area. Games are all together more exciting, and add an unpredictable new element into gameplay."
2. 1 vs. 1 Deathmatches
So lets be honest, who hasn't fough a team in DM, well it's annoying, but thats not why I'm suggesting this. Similarly to mobs, 1 vs. 1 death matches were also a regular part of MCSG, and were removed to speed up the game. Heres another post I made in an earlier thread.​
"1 vs. 1 deathmatch, I know that they added 3 player deathmatches to "Speed things up" But the essence of SG is not a quick 1 off match, It's supposed to be a long grueling game that lasts for ages. More and more people are joining for quick games that they can play a bunch of in 1 sitting, but in reality MCSG was originally about everything from the 10 deaths in the first 10 minutes, from searching through trees for that last pre-deathmatch player. Not to mention that in a game usually about 2 people are overpowered, so usually DM comes down someone with nothing and two good players. I prefer an epic battle of strong players."
3. Nerfed corn refill
This one is my idea as a whole, not something I want re-introduced. Again, this is a from something I posted on a previous thread.​
"Nerfed corn refill. Some of you must be like WOAH WOAH WOAH, but when I say nerf refill, I mean make it so only have of the chests refilled spawn tier 2 items (prefferably make all of them tier 1, but no-one would like that) The reason I'd like this is that it makes corn far less OP, to really get good items, you need to go to find your own tier 2's, rather than just know where the center is. Although this makes corn less of a hotspot, it caters to searching the map for new chests, rather than using 1 route and going to corn."
5. Scattered refills -
This is sort of a variation on the "Only corn refills" thingy that was used in MCSG in its dark ages. It's not the same, but I think it would be intresting in the least. Here it is.​
"Scattered refill. This is another one people will hate. I say, instead of refilling all the chests at night (corn not included) only refill 50 - 75% of the chests. This way, you need to look for more chests rather than just re-running your route. This scatters players through the map, making night-time hunting more than just running to all the hotspots."
6. Hardcore servers
So, I'll just re-type this one, seeing as I didn't describe it very well in my past post. Basically what I'd love to see is a hardcore server. This would be implimented if ideas 1 -5 are disliked. These servers would consist of the elements of ideas 1 -5 piled into a single server. The servers would have slower health regeneration, but would give extra points upon every kill. These servers would cater to those of us who like a harder game. These would possibly only be open to people with a certain amount of wins, so new players wouldn't join and complain about it being to hard.​
7. Bow Headshots
So this is one that I requested ages ago, but the thread died, as threads tend to do. So I decided I'll try to re-introduce the idea to a newer audience.​
Basically the idea is that bow headshots do more damage. If a player is x blocks away and the arrow hits the player in the head, it does a certain amount more damage. The distance would be long, making it harder to simply spam headshots, it would be a shot you'd need to take a moment to aim, rather than pull back the bow and fire. This gives us more reward for being an accurate archer, and adds more strategy towards how you attack someone.​
8. Flimsy fishing rods (Sorry G33ke!)
As I'm sure you know, flint and steel has a very low duribity on these servers as to not make it overpowered. As I'm sure you also know, fishing rods are commonly used as a defensive tool. While this is good and all, it can get tiring, people can use fishing rods almost infinatly seeing how high the duribility is. So to be honsest, if you caught someone with a fishing rod, and then pulled the hook out from afar, don't you think the rod would be damaged more than if it was used to catch a fish? I say make it so fishing rods only last long enough to have 20 uses on another person.​

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Here's what I think:
1: I would like to see some mobs. Maybe not complete spawning, but a little reduced.
2:kind of on the fence. I would like this, but it can be hard to find 1 guy in a map like SG 3. But then again, only the small maps are commonly played now :/
3: Got a little confused because you said have instead of half, but only half of them tier 2 is an interesting idea. Corn would still be worth it, but a little nerfed. I kind of like it.
4: Nonexistent.
5:Only having some of the chests refill might mean that someone who can't get corn goes out to their tier 2s and half of them aren't even filled. It could screw people over who might have a chance otherwise.
6: This would be kind of cool, but they would need more servers.
7: Yes.
8: I'm torn between my irritation at noobs who flail their rod and the usefulness it has to me when taking on a team. In a perfect world, the rod would know your intentions and have a certain durability, kind of like the sorting hat.
All in all, nice suggestions.

Reaction score
Here's what I think:
1: I would like to see some mobs. Maybe not complete spawning, but a little reduced.
2:kind of on the fence. I would like this, but it can be hard to find 1 guy in a map like SG 3. But then again, only the small maps are commonly played now :/
3: Got a little confused because you said have instead of half, but only half of them tier 2 is an interesting idea. Corn would still be worth it, but a little nerfed. I kind of like it.
4: Nonexistent.
5:Only having some of the chests refill might mean that someone who can't get corn goes out to their tier 2s and half of them aren't even filled. It could screw people over who might have a chance otherwise.
6: This would be kind of cool, but they would need more servers.
7: Yes.
8: I'm torn between my irritation at noobs who flail their rod and the usefulness it has to me when taking on a team. In a perfect world, the rod would know your intentions and have a certain durability, kind of like the sorting hat.
All in all, nice suggestions.
Lets pretend that having 4 missing is an easter egg, k? As for, 5, I'm going to change it to say that 90% of tier 2s fill, I thought to put this in the post but didn't. The reason I say 90% is because then chances are that you get almost all of the chests, but have a slight chance of having it missing.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Lets pretend that having 4 missing is an easter egg, k? As for, 5, I'm going to change it to say that 90% of tier 2s fill, I thought to put this in the post but didn't. The reason I say 90% is because then chances are that you get almost all of the chests, but have a slight chance of having it missing.
That sounds good.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say it, but I'm not a big fan of these ideas (even though your ideas are typically of a high caliber).

1.Though limited mob spawn may be useful, I do not feel that a full implementation of mob spawning would be a good idea. Often, mobs are more of a challenge than other players, and make it incredibly difficult to either get starting gear or to make a comeback against a better geared player later in the game. They really do nothing to players with good gear, but rather just make the game harder for those without, usually resulting with camping in a tree, which I don't think anybody wants. Though it might increase the 'Survival' aspect of the Games, it would make matches drag on and become quite boring (as I well know from the days of SG 1, where there were always at least 3 people camping in a tree on the edge of the map).

2. Again, I have to disagree, and to a stronger level than I do with idea #1. First of all, a two man Deathmatch greatly lengthens the times of games, which you consider a good thing, but I, being someone with limited time to actually play, do not. In my opinion, there is no excitement in adding an extra five minutes searching for one last player, the excitement is when you feel like there is an enemy around every corner, when there are 12+ players alive. I would want that time extended, not the boring search. Now, to the actual Deathmatch. Death matches are better with 3 players than two. Though a 1 v 1 DM would eliminate teams (though not really, as the team would just survive to DM and fight each other...), it would greatly decrease the variety and enjoyment of a DM. With 3 players in a DM, there is a far greater level of strategy involved, deciding who to attack, when to retreat, and when to switch targets. Additionally, it removes the problem we all know so well of 1 player running the whole match, as 2 players will eventually cut them off, something a single player cannot do. So overall, I say 3 man death matches are the way to go.

3. I understand the reasoning behind this idea, and I don't disagree with it all that strongly; however, I do feel that corn should be the primary hotspot on every map, and the way to achieve that is through the refilling of tier 2's. The looting of the cornucopia is a time of danger, and a time where great gear can be won. It is a time where anything can happen, and that is specifically because everybody migrates there. If the corn were to be nerfed, there would be no draw to the center, and people would just run their chest routes (thus drawing out the games, as fewer people will be killed at the most major hotspot). I've aways had some of my most epic battles around corn, fighting with up to 6 other people at a time, and I wouldn't want to lose this opportunity.

4. WHERE's iT gONE????

5. This seems to kind of contradict the ideas you are talking of in idea 3. If you are nerfing corn refill, then you are encouraging a rerun of your chest route. However, in this case you are making it pointless to run your chest route. So, unless your goal is to end up with a bunch of people running around in leather with weak swords and axes, then this seems kind of counterintuitive. 90% is a bit more reasonable that 1/2, but at that point the question becomes, "Why?" Decreasing the refill chance by 10 percent wouldn't be enough to change gameplay drastically, but just enough to be rather annoying. So it seems rather pointless.

6. Perhaps one or two of them for people who like long, difficult games of chasing down noobs hiding in trees, but I feel that the priority of the Devs should be on the normal SG servers.

7. Actually really like this idea, it follows reality, and adds an extra level of skill to bow use. However, I don't think that distance should be required. Realistically, a shot to the head will hurt just as much from any distance (actually it would hurt more from a closer range), and practically, hitting someone in the head from close range would still be difficult. If they were close enough to be of melee threat (which is when people would likely be spamming arrows) then the strong likelihood is that the shots will land on the larger target of the body than the precise shot of the head. It would require aim at any distance, and the distance mechanic would require a it more coding to make work, which could potentially cause bugs, wich we don't want. So, good idea, but contains an unnecessary caveat.

8. No. Pls no. Anyways, on a serious note, though I would have once agreed with you wholeheartedly on this, now that I have started using fishing rods in PvP, I've come to disagree with you (but not just because I like them! It's because I know more about them now!). Fishing rods actually have a very limited durability (though it is admittedly a lot more than flint and steel). What I typically use them for - knocking someone back in a fight, breaking their sprint while fighting/chasing, disrupting a ow shot, etc. - typically causes them to break in a battle or two. The reason why it seems fishing rods have infinite durability is that durability only decreases when the fishing hook connects with another entity (be it water, a block, or a person). I'm fuzzy on this science, so don't take me exactly at my word here, but I think this is right. This means that people can just spam their fishing rod away forever, but it doesn't actually do anything unless it hits someone, in which case the durability does decrease rather significantly (though it is not extremely noticeable, it will wear out in ~50-75 hits [I believe]).

So yeah, there are my thoughts on your ideas. Sorry that they're for the most part negative, but I feel that they would detract from my enjoyment of the servers :/

Edit: I do not want anyone making any reference to a G33ke post. This is my post, not his, regardless of length. Anyone can make a long post if they have opinions and wish to express them fully.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
8. Flimsy fishing rods (Sorry G33ke!)
As I'm sure you know, flint and steel has a very low duribity on these servers as to not make it overpowered. As I'm sure you also know, fishing rods are commonly used as a defensive tool. While this is good and all, it can get tiring, people can use fishing rods almost infinatly seeing how high the duribility is. So to be honsest, if you caught someone with a fishing rod, and then pulled the hook out from afar, don't you think the rod would be damaged more than if it was used to catch a fish? I say make it so fishing rods only last long enough to have 20 uses on another person.​
I'm okay with this actually, mostly because Minecraft's bugs will make it not hinder me in the slightest. There is a bug in the game that allows me to knock back players without the rod taking damage. I don't even do it on purpose, I just do it because it's a habit of mine. I won't go into detail on how, though...but it's really simple.

As a side note: Catching a fish uses 1 durability, hooking in a player or mob uses 2. This is in default Minecraft, it's already a "feature". :p

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
We miiiight do something about fishing rods. Not making any promises. ;)

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hardcore servers!!!! Awesomesauce!! Ermahgerd!

Djcoolmac

Spectator
Reaction score
They don't have many mobs for a reason, if they did it would be extremely easy to enchant, but if they nerfed the ammount of XP they drop then all would be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci