• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Quitting Minecraft because of mcsg.

AlyssaDoesGames

Platinum
Reaction score
I am quitting the community. I gave up a long time ago but now i have officially made up my mind. There are plenty reasons to list but i'm only am giving a few. The first reason is the terrible community. It's trash, lets face it. I get targeted, even if I am ./d, i'll get spotted by a team or an ignorant player. Most likely it's a hacker or a cocky gamer. Am I the only one who notices this? Lets point one out shall we? Lets take BlueberryHam for example. He chased me from his route with his teammate and I only had a leather chestplate. It was only about a minute from when the game started. He chased me across his route and into corn. I had a stone sword so I decided to YOLO it. He killed me and probably only had a heart. I thought it was a fairfight and anyone could have won it. Until, i saw the "bad" in chat. Course, he had to say it. Because his obnoxious mind couldn't stand the fact of me being content of dying. That's not the only thing. Teams are everywhere. Teams are okay but they should do a separate thing like Badlion has. I'm not here to say Badlion is better because it has more defensive players than anywhere else. But MCSG should have a separate mcsg for teaming and one for no teaming. I didn't only come here to trash-talk MCSG. It has ups and downs like any other community. Probably more downs than ups. Also hackers. I know people get mad at the moderators for those things and come to the hub then get angry at the staff. It's not the staff's fault. If someone is breaking the rules, ./report them and not whine about it in chat! I had lots of fun back in Christmas 2013/14. It was fun, decent players with decent attitudes played. Everyone was one big family. Now, we're all against each other beginning with Hub 8. Yes, i was apart of Hub 8 and got muted quite a bit. Thats when i hated MCSG moderators. They did treat people unfairly but now they are okay. I'm done with my little "rage"..I guess. But I am quitting MCSG and possibly Minecraft. I've came a long way, 6000 games. So i guess i'm retiring. AlyssaDoesGames has went through too much. A lot of good memories were on the MCSG servers and i'd like to thank the staff and MCSG for those. I had fun. Thank you.
Now you're probably wondering why i wrote this..I just want to share what i feel and to all the people that know me on MCSG. I had lots of fun with you guys and i gave my Externity_ account away to my friend Lil, so say hi to her if you see her.. Goodbye MCSG.

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
I actually really appreciate this post. Do you know why? Because you took the time to explain some of the specific things that are causing you to want to leave. I'm going to comment on a few of the points that you mentioned.

The community - I can agree with you in some aspects. The community at MCGamer is an extremely competitive one which is expected when our MCSG gametypes is filled with this many skilled players. I honestly wish there was so much more we could do to promote a more friendly environment for people to play on. Today, we implemented a trash talk filter to prevent people from saying phrases such as "gg10" and "rekt" but that can only go so far. It's really up to the community to make a change in itself, and I'm hoping that happens one day. Until then, I try to focus on the more positive sides of our community. All the great friends that I've made here make all the others that create toxicity within our network so much smaller to me.

Teaming - in an ideal world, we would have a server that allowed teaming and one that didn't. I feel as though I can't comment on this fairly though, since I have absolutely no developing knowledge. All I can say is that it's harder then it looks and the option has been discussed and explored. We are actively thinking of ways that we can make the gaming experience more enjoyable for players that don't like to team but still fun for those that want to play with friends.

The staff - my favorite part of your entire post. I'm so glad you recognize some of the difficulties in being a staff member on this large of a network. The simple fact is that we can't be everywhere at once. The hubs need tending to, the games need tending to, the forums needs tending to, the list is endless. The /report feature is a GREAT feature that is checked regularly and I wish more community members would use it. Another note to add to that is just because you don't see us, doesn't mean we're not there. We have our secrets too :)

It's really sad to see you go Alyssa and I do hope you'll reconsider. When life gets you down and a hacker tries to kill you or a trash talker tries to make you rage, think about the friends you've made and the good old Hub 8 days. Hopefully it'll make you smile!

(Sorry if this post made no sense or there are a million typos. I did this on my phone... Which I'm still fangirling about!)

AlyssaDoesGames

Platinum
Reaction score
I actually really appreciate this post. Do you know why? Because you took the time to explain some of the specific things that are causing you to want to leave. I'm going to comment on a few of the points that you mentioned.

The community - I can agree with you in some aspects. The community at MCGamer is an extremely competitive one which is expected when our MCSG gametypes is filled with this many skilled players. I honestly wish there was so much more we could do to promote a more friendly environment for people to play on. Today, we implemented a trash talk filter to prevent people from saying phrases such as "gg10" and "rekt" but that can only go so far. It's really up to the community to make a change in itself, and I'm hoping that happens one day. Until then, I try to focus on the more positive sides of our community. All the great friends that I've made here make all the others that create toxicity within our network so much smaller to me.

Teaming - in an ideal world, we would have a server that allowed teaming and one that didn't. I feel as though I can't comment on this fairly though, since I have absolutely no developing knowledge. All I can say is that it's harder then it looks and the option has been discussed and explored. We are actively thinking of ways that we can make the gaming experience more enjoyable for players that don't like to team but still fun for those that want to play with friends.

The staff - my favorite part of your entire post. I'm so glad you recognize some of the difficulties in being a staff member on this large of a network. The simple fact is that we can't be everywhere at once. The hubs need tending to, the games need tending to, the forums needs tending to, the list is endless. The /report feature is a GREAT feature that is checked regularly and I wish more community members would use it. Another note to add to that is just because you don't see us, doesn't mean we're not there. We have our secrets too :)

It's really sad to see you go Alyssa and I do hope you'll reconsider. When life gets you down and a hacker tries to kill you or a trash talker tries to make you rage, think about the friends you've made and the good old Hub 8 days. Hopefully it'll make you smile!

(Sorry if this post made no sense or there are a million typos. I did this on my phone... Which I'm still fangirling about!)
Thank you so much for understanding :) I'll probably come back someday, i'm going to take some time off though to enjoy sports and IRL activities. :)

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
All very well explained , I understand your reasons. We (Staff Team) are trying to get this community better :)

Gl !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci