• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLarski25

Spectator
Reaction score
1. map 1 because its much more fun and not only people who know where the chests are can find them

2. look for chests and if i have good armor go to the middle

3. maybe some more chests in big buildings not one in every skycraper

4. Hmmm..... no idea

Tyler Gminder

Spectator
Reaction score
I hate the ruined city map because the chests are to. Hard to get to and I love the more woodsy map because chests are hard to find but easy to get to

caschkerke

Tribute
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?

My favorite map personally is the city map, it has a faster pace, and easier to find people. The forest map ends up taking a lot longer to find people than on the city map.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?

On the city map, after grabbing a chest from the corn, I go straight for the bridge, grab the 2 chests by the water, then hit up the chests in/on the nearby forest. On the forest map, I get a corn chest, then head right for the boat.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?

Well lately there's only been one thing bothering me, and that's the massive amount of hackers, but I know you don't deal with them, so don't worry about it ;D

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?

I like the sponsoring idea that Alex mentioned.

JulianC1864

Spectator
Reaction score
1. My favorite of the two is the first map, because I prefer the whole open woods aspect of playing. I don't like the second map as much just because there are too many huge buildings for people to hide in, and often with little reward. The one time I actually climbed to the top of the highest building there, the chest on the tip had a single feather, which seemed a little morbidly ironic.

2. I'm not great at the games, but I guess my tactic is to go straight for the chests in the middle always, and seek out my usual route if I head in the right direction. Unfortunately I have to play on tiny render distance, so it's not always that accurate.

3. I would just balance the armor/weapon levels in chests more fairly, especially on the second map. Less diamond stuff.

4. More potions and more traps. And cake!! Also, you should change the points that you see with number of victories, because I think that's what counts more to be honest.

More varied biomes would be interesting too...

LinkWolfAndMidna

Spectator
Reaction score
1. I prefer the original map (Map 1) because it has a wilderness theme as well as some hidden stuff and puzzles that can't be solved easily! (I always feel like a PWNER whenever I play this map!)

2. I try to run to middle, loot what I can, and run. Then, I venture out to find some chests until sundown. I return and camp near the middle, waiting for the chests to be refilled. I do this tactic over and over again as I defend myself from others.

3. Yes, add less diamonds and gold, it makes it unfair when people start to kill you with stuff that either does higher damage or defends high damaged attacks. It makes the game unfair and makes people dislike the game. Other than that, the game is fine the way it is! Great job! ;)

4. At the beginning of each game, why not have a chest that gives each player 2 apples since they don't heal much hunger. (People use the food real quick in the games!) ( Beyond this point contains ideas that does not relate to map ideas but I truly recommend reading this to maintain your players and sponsors as well as giving them a better and friendly experience of the game.) Since there's a host's house (Located in Map 1), why not have a host? If there's a host house, there's no purpose of having it anyway, right? Also, why not have mods/ moderators? They can be the host for each round if there is one playing on a server. They get the benefits as a donor but it lasts forever as long they're a mod. They can patrol each server and, at least, kick misbehaving people, hackers, etc.

A FEUDAL FAIRY TALE, INUYASHA... IT WILL CHANGE THE WORLD...

FrostyAssassin5

Spectator
Reaction score
Map 1's close quarters, and Map 2's detail for epicosity.
Go for one chest get as much as possible and then run to surrounding chests I know about.
3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? More intricate traps not web then lava, although it's a good idea, something like the Indiana Jones boulder escape.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? More weather well it be snowing or raining, or different biomes maybe desert then tundra. Just a suggestion on the biomes. Also the diamonds in map 2 is ridiculous.

NoPressure1

Spectator
Reaction score
I prefer map 2, mainly because there were more chests that I could find. If people can get more items, weapons, armour etc then it sets the stage formore intense fighting and gameplay. For example, there is always one guy who has found all of the chests in map 1 that I could never. He's going around in iron armour killing everyone else with their wooden swords, making them feel very frustrated because it wasn't a fair match.

Despite what I said above, I do generally devise a route of chests to get. However, in map one there are much less places on my list. If I encounter someone, depending non what they're holding and wearing and what I'm holding and wearing, I will decide whether to fight or not, though normally I do.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
Traps. I love traps. The feeling as your fully armoured pursuer is blown to smithereens by the TNT you set off. Simple traps like a two block deep trap also work, but you cannot retrieve their items - but this might be a plus for developers. Especially complicated redstone traps, as these are the ones that are not only most annoying, but give the greatest sense of joy when you avoid or overcome them. Since one of the latest snapshots(12w23), lava can now be dispensed from dispenser - Perfect for a trap where people think 'I'm a pro at dodging arrows/fireballs. This'll be a piece of cake' - Think again!

I've noticed TNT has been disabled. It's much better with TNT - for the reason I noted above. TNT is a way to kill the fully armoured foes who won't stop chasing you with their diamond sword, as they attempt to break through your leather cap. They could implement a special teaming system, although I don't really like teaming, there are many people who do, who this would benefit I'm sure. So I think it shouldn't be implemented, as the people who are against teaming (like me) will have no chance against the four-man teams people form.

Ecoteam

Tribute
Reaction score
Personally, I love the feel of the forest way more than that of the buildings. The buildings are nice but the mobs just became way too insane so I never used them.

1st map: I usually sprint for the corn, run towards the cliff with the double chests in it. From there I use the little underground shack nearby as a base since it has a crafting bench. From there I get armor and such from the chests and kill people.​
2nd map: The tactic I use is I run toward the back to one of the factories, then sprint toward the parking lot of another factory nearby.

Personally, I play these servers because the contents of the chests are very balanced (at least in the first map). The best sword you can get is a iron sword and you're lucky to get full leather. When diamond swords used to be available in the corn chest, whoever had that would win and it's not really about surviving or skill at that point.

Not sure! I'll edit if I do :)

Shadcb6

Spectator
Reaction score
1. i like the first map better because its bigger and the chests are easier to find

2. i run to chests in middle then grab as much as i can on map 1 i go to the ruins and om map 2 i go up the falling towers

3. i think more traps and puzzles would be nice and it should have stuff that can help and harm you

4. a castle map would be nice one that is a kingdom i would love that and it would be a lot of fun

Topido

Spectator
Reaction score

My favorite map is the first one because there are a lot of open areas, which are often better for fighting. There is also the occasional cliff side which can be useful for either getting someone from below or getting a jump on them from above.

On the first map I usually rush the center because there are not any obstacles around the chests. Then I run to the shore of the main island and secure the chests that I know the location of. After that, I search for people in areas that I am most familiar with.

On the second map, my tactics are to remember chests that aren't too far away from the middle, get the stuff in them and then make my way back to the middle areas of the map and start hunting people to get more gear.

Try to minimize the amount of overpowered items or areas. The fire aspect stone sword is always a big advantage and boat on the first map has a bit too many chests.

I would like to see more areas and things that players can interact with because it's fun when you get to be more of a part of the map and it is also just fun to flick switches and do jumping puzzles.

rayman6095

Spectator
Reaction score
My favorite map in terms of gameplay would be map 2 because imo its harder to stay alive and some chests are harder to find and get to.

I have 2 tactics one when i am with a friend we both start by heading toward the mid than if we get good things gather supplies and go back to the mid

I would like it if you could make the traps more complex

Finally i would like underground caverns with traps in them

ThePixelCrafted

Spectator
Reaction score
1. Personally, I like the 2nd map. All the buildings are massive and awe inspiring. The abandonned, destroyed enviroment gives the map an eeire seem and keeps you feeling cautious. The map's long allyways and tall highrises allows some clever tactics.
2. My best tactic is pretty much thesame for both maps. Get 1 chest from the cornocopia, run to the shoreline or to a area you know well and search for chests. Once you have some decent weapons and lots of food, walk around looking for people.
3. One thing that bugs me is that the maps are too easily remembered. I think that the maps should be a bit harder to navigate through as if you haven't played on it before. Also, I think that there should be more chests but in harder to reach places.
4. I would like to have the long chases harder to run in and to make combat a bit more fair (I mean so that it's not just who has the good stuff that wins) so that even if you don't luck out, you still have a chance of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci