• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Quake Pro? Good or Bad?

Do you use QuakePro?

• Yes, it's epic!!

Votes: 89 67.4%
  • No, it sucks...

Votes: 43 32.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor

Career
Reaction score
I love Quake Pro but there are some disadvantages one that I have found is that it makes my FPS drop I don't know why or if its the same for other people but thats the way it is for me.

Honeypoo10

Career
Reaction score
I think that quake pro is better beacuse you can see more to your left and your right so thats why i like quakepro and i use quake pro
Yes but... You need to be more accurate with your hits on people and the name tags are much smaller

Krumblez

Career
Reaction score
I used to use quake pro... then I took an arrow to the knee. Now I play on 95.

mireiyu

Survivor
Reaction score
I put an optimistic assumption as fine first. fov is 100. Distance of sight is short. Mouse sensitivity maximum.
The maximum brightness. Smooth writing a minimum. Quality of the leaves is maximized.
Enough environment changes only in this.
The technique that should not be forgotten. F5, it's a viewpoint switching

Afroken

Tribute
Reaction score
When the FoV changing feature was first introduced I thought Quake Pro sucked... But eventually changed over because I heard it imrpoves PvP... I have never changed back and if I try normal I fail.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Meh, I change a lot. It makes the targets smaller and it depends how I am playing. If I can keep a steady hand, I'll put it on QP. But, if I'm shaky, I'll stay on 85-90.

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hi there :)
As you probably have realized you can change your Field of View (FoV) in Minecraft...
Some Guys are playing with FoV 110 (Quake Pro) some others with FoV 70 (default) and some Guys mixed it (around 90 FoV)
I just wanted to ask you which one of these you use and why do you use it?

Im playing on FoV 85 ^^

Advantages at Quake Pro:

- You can see way more to your left and right so you cant get easy sneaked
(Ima try to show the view at Quake pro with this now: )

Quake Pro
X X Between the Xs is your screen and you can see what happens
you

Compared to normal Fov:

X X
youDisadvantages at Quake Pro:

- Everything is faster for you so you can get confused and / or lose the control about the fight.

- You have to aim more directly

- You can't spot the nametags ad everything is smaller
The first disadvantage will be gone once you get used to it, and also if you think that's bad...try playing on fov 1.9, its basically quake pro but x2. Go into options text folder in .minecraft and you can change it there.
EDIT: Once you use quake pro, you can never go back to normal fov...

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Mines at 102. I don't want to go FULL Quake Pro because I know I'll never be able to adjust back :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci