• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Pro" SG Players

Vox

Career
Reaction score
The real reason we'll never truly know who the "best players" are is because we don't get the chance to play everyone.
The US players will never come to EU and vise versa due to the lag.

Frankly, I'd love the opportunity to 1v1 players like G33ke, SixZoSeven, Blamph, Elisha and countless others..

Oh well, looks like I'm stuck with the *cough* Pros *cough* of the EU!

Now this is my opinion and I don't want to cause any flames with this but I feel there are more skilled PvPers on EU.
Don't get me wrong the US has it's fair share of skilled players, I just think feel the EU has the better standard of players.

The best players we have to offer are players like Elgoldo, gcb99, teovald, Ryska_ryssen, pure233, Gravey4rd, Charlesyummyegg (The first player to really make the fishing rod his own) and many more.

And remember for over the past year the top player has always been from the EU ;)
Mindahl > iFroxFTW > Hanfi12 and now Gravey4rd

The best two ever players to play on our servers in my opinion are without a doubt Mindahl and Sleivert
No one really comes close to them in terms of PvP

Just my opinion, don't hate :)
Philly give me my skin now.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
The real reason we'll never truly know who the "best players" are is because we don't get the chance to play everyone.
The US players will never come to EU and vise versa due to the lag.

Frankly, I'd love the opportunity to 1v1 players like G33ke, SixZoSeven, Blamph, Elisha and countless others..

Oh well, looks like I'm stuck with the *cough* Pros *cough* of the EU!

Now this is my opinion and I don't want to cause any flames with this but I feel there are more skilled PvPers on EU.
Don't get me wrong the US has it's fair share of skilled players, I just think feel the EU has the better standard of players.

The best players we have to offer are players like Elgoldo, gcb99, teovald, Ryska_ryssen, pure233, Gravey4rd, Charlesyummyegg (The first player to really make the fishing rod his own) and many more.

And remember for over the past year the top player has always been from the EU ;)
Mindahl > iFroxFTW > Hanfi12 and now Gravey4rd

The best two ever players to play on our servers in my opinion are without a doubt Mindahl and Sleivert
No one really comes close to them in terms of PvP

Just my opinion, don't hate :)
I respect your opinion in regards to EU having a higher standard of players compared to the US.

Although, I must say, my view is different. I feel that players on EU are either really good or really bad. The EU lacks that 'average' group of players. Because of this, the good players have nearly no competition because the majority of players they have to fight are quite incompetent at the game. On the other hand, the US network has really the same amount of excellent players, but a larger amount of 'average' players...in other words...players that can, at times, give the skilled players a hard time.

It is important to note that neither of us can be 100% sure. But, one thing I know for sure is the fact that I look forward to the day where internet speeds are so fast people around the world will be able to play seamlessly with each other.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
I respect your opinion in regards to EU having a higher standard of players compared to the US.

Although, I must say, my view is different. I feel that players on EU are either really good or really bad. The EU lacks that 'average' group of players. Because of this, the good players have nearly no competition because the majority of players they have to fight are quite incompetent at the game. On the other hand, the US network has really the same amount of excellent players, but a larger amount of 'average' players...in other words...players that can, at times, give the skilled players a hard time.
Agreed. I think this is the main reason why the people with the most wins, are generally from the AU/EU regions.

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score

I do agree that we do have our fair share of beginners/players just there to make up the numbers and the US does indeed have a lot more average players that can cause an upset.
I just believe that the skilled players of the EU are of a higher standard than the top US players.
Although they're all great players.
I'm sure Elgoldo could beat G33ke and g33ke definitely has the skills to beat Elgoldo.

We're all good players just playing the games to have a fun time :)

Vox

Career
Reaction score
I feel that EU has a larger batch of elite tier players. US has elite tier players but not nearly as many.

As I say I play this game for fun. I don't really care if you think Im awful Im here for the fun and friends not the leader boards.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel that EU has a larger batch of elite tier players. US has elite tier players but not nearly as many.

As I say I play this game for fun. I don't really care if you think Im awful Im here for the fun and friends not the leader boards.
I do agree that we do have our fair share of beginners/players just there to make up the numbers and the US does indeed have a lot more average players that can cause an upset.
I just believe that the skilled players of the EU are of a higher standard than the top US players.
Although they're all great players.
I'm sure Elgoldo could beat G33ke and g33ke definitely has the skills to beat Elgoldo.

We're all good players just playing the games to have a fun time :)
You do hear a lot more EU names being thrown around when you talk about top pvpers, only about 5 in the US.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score

It is important to note that neither of us can be 100% sure. But, one thing I know for sure is the fact that I look forward to the day where internet speeds are so fast people around the world will be able to play seamlessly with each other.

As a Former EU Player, I find this to be quite true. I used to play EU up tell my 470th win.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
What being "pro" in MCSG gives you:

Nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci