• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Possible way to stop people saying stuff like 'eZ'

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Actually, I think the best solution is to have an option to mute your killer. This makes more sense because it lets players spectate the game without being verbally abused by another player. And /ignore. We can't forget that.

Nitro

Platinum
Reaction score
They'd wait for 5 seconds anyways, so it would take a rest of the game mute xD
I don't know about other people, but I just leave as soon as I die, which is less than 5 seconds after.

The idea seems interesting the only thing I would add is that if a player would say "eZ" "rekt" and so on, and when they kill another player that it would mute them for 5 seconds but if they say "eZ" "rekt" while they are muted it will be a additional 10 seconds. But the best solution for this is a command lets say "/pubic mute" and it would mute chat accept the server so lets say players would be saying something in the chat and the countdown started and when you type "/pubic mute" it would mute all the players but only display server messages and one more thing when a staff member types in chat he's/her message is visible to the public even if the player types "/pubic mute"
Actually, I think the best solution is to have an option to mute your killer. This makes more sense because it lets players spectate the game without being verbally abused by another player. And /ignore. We can't forget that.
These are cool ideas!

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not a bad idea. What if instead of a 5 second mute, the spectator just didn't see any in-game messages?

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not a bad idea. What if instead of a 5 second mute, the spectator just didn't see any in-game messages?
Not a bad idea, but some people say some funny things, and you can't forget "ty for the sponsor."

Nitro

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm reding some of the replies and I think it might just be best of it gets changed to something like 10 seconds.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Although staff would need to be able to bypass that so we could see if someone was breaking chat rules after we died.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Although staff would need to be able to bypass that so we could see if someone was breaking chat rules after we died.
Yeah, but I don't foresee staff saying 'rekt, get good, etc.'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci