• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Possible way to stop people saying stuff like 'eZ'

Nitro

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm sure that everyone knows how annoying it is when you get killed and someone says something along the lines of 'eZ', 'rekt' or the occasional 'shrekt'. As much as you try to ignore it, you still feel angry when you see it.
I'm not suggesting to just block those sorts of words, because obviously, people will bypass it.
My idea is that once you kill someone, you aren't able to speak until 5 seconds after, it would just come up with a message that looks somewhat like this.
[MCSG] You cannot speak for <insert number here> more seconds.

Pros:
-It will fix the problem of people saying stuff like 'eZ' after they kill someone.
-Well, that's really the only pro..

Cons:
-If it really is a 'gg', then people won't be able to express it.
-If someone is teamed then there teammate could say 'eZ'. (I was thinking that maybe this idea would also effect everyone within 5 blocks of the killer, however I wasn't sure how well that would work.

Please tell me what you think of this idea!

WookiePack101

Experienced
Reaction score
Not even sure if this is possible. And if it was, to be honest I doubt it would do anything as those few seconds can easily be burned by quick inventory arrangement. The best solution is to implement a filter in the chat to block the words, making it harder disrespect other players even if you can't be banned for it.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
Not even sure if this is possible. And if it was, to be honest I doubt it would do anything as those few seconds can easily be burned by quick inventory arrangement. The best solution is to implement a filter in the chat to block the words, making it harder disrespect other players even if you can't be banned for it.
This is extremely possible and could be coded in a few minutes.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I made a thread kind of like this, where you had the option to mute your killer, and the players you killed would be muted.

The only issue I see with this is teams and the fact that 5 seconds usually isn't enough time for the kids on this server to stop raging and leave... maybe 10 secs?

Reaction score
I made a thread kind of like this, where you had the option to mute your killer, and the players you killed would be muted.

The only issue I see with this is teams and the fact that 5 seconds usually isn't enough time for the kids on this server to stop raging and leave... maybe 10 secs?
2 minutes

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
It isn't possible. If someone said 'freeze' in chat it would go to 'fre#$%&e'. If someone said 'bigger' in chat it would go to 'bi@#$%er'. Plus, people would just bypass it anyways.

Nitro

Platinum
Reaction score
It isn't possible. If someone said 'freeze' in chat it would go to 'fre#$%&e'. If someone said 'bigger' in chat it would go to 'bi@#$%er'. Plus, people would just bypass it anyways.
I'm not saying to block those words, I'm saying to give people a 5 second mute after they kill someone.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
They'd wait for 5 seconds anyways, so it would take a rest of the game mute xD

StickyGamingHD

Survivor
Reaction score
It would be nice to block out the main ones with maybe a auto 15 minute mute?

But obviously there will be bypassing involved but surely if you get muted for a certain amount of time for the offense you will be able to report players for bypassing the filter?

Creper_face

Career
Reaction score
The idea seems interesting the only thing I would add is that if a player would say "eZ" "rekt" and so on, and when they kill another player that it would mute them for 5 seconds but if they say "eZ" "rekt" while they are muted it will be a additional 10 seconds. But the best solution for this is a command lets say "/pubic mute" and it would mute chat accept the server so lets say players would be saying something in the chat and the countdown started and when you type "/pubic mute" it would mute all the players but only display server messages and one more thing when a staff member types in chat he's/her message is visible to the public even if the player types "/pubic mute"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci