• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Possible solution to Teamspeak server getting attacked?

Leontin2012

Survivor
Reaction score
Okay move my thread to the appropriate section please, because i don't know where to put it! <3

Okay we have been getting a lot of teamspeak attacks lately and it has annoyed the crap out of people and ive studied ddos attacks for some time now and i think ive come up with a possible solution ChadTheDJ you might invest some money for this?

Solution: RioRey

I hope you invest and take some time in this - It would help a lot with the disgusting hackers.

Explanation of DDos

1. The hacker makes a virus and that virus is disguised to skype for example.
2. Hacker upload's the virus to popular sites and services.
3. Users download and try to install and boom they are infected.
4. Hacker plans the attack then sends a command to schedule the attack at a time.
5. Command gets sent to a server which then sends the command to the infected users.
6. Infected starts without knowing it sending big packets of data and our teanspeak server can't handle it.
7. Hacker succeds.

What i think all users should do to see if they are infected is to do a virus scan with Avast or AVG.
Then remove the virus and the less infected the hacker might not succed but that's the only thing us users can do to help the teamspeak server out!

Best regard's Le0

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I honestly think this is a good idea. Unfortunately, Chad and the developers have so much on their shoulders, and it would be more difficult for them to invest time and money for the DDoS protection at this moment of time. However, they could go for doing it eventually, that is if things get too out of hand.
I also recommend having this pinned somewhere, this could be useful, and also, I think we need to be reminded towards checking for viruses.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Trust me, MCGamer already has DDoS protection. In fact, you don't even know about most DDoS attacks because they're blocked; however, some of the strong ones do effect the TeamSpeak. Also, sometimes the TS is down for other reasons.

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
Your explanation of DDOS is incorrect. DDOS attacks have nothing to do with viruses. A DDOS (Distributed Denial Of Service Attack) only requires an external IP address which an attacker sends as much packets of data per second to as possible. The attacks that usually take down our teamspeak are hosted on servers with high-speed internet connection.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Your explanation of DDOS is incorrect. DDOS attacks have nothing to do with viruses. A DDOS (Distributed Denial Of Service Attack) only requires an external IP address which an attacker sends as much packets of data per second to as possible. The attacks that usually take down our teamspeak are hosted on servers with high-speed internet connection.
You're explaining simply a DoS (Denial of Service). In a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) multiple computers preform a DoS attack towards one IP at the same time. In order for this to happen, computers are infected with a virus (not necessarily harmful to the computer, but equally unwanted). This virus embeds itself somewhere and when the hacker initiates the DDoS through his/her booter, a signal is sent to these infections that automatically preform a DoS to a certain IP. With more computers come more packets thrown at said IP. Both you and I could have these virusses and not know it, which is what the OP is trying to say. I'm actually going to do an Avast scan as soon as I get back on my PC.

Kreix

Experienced
Reaction score
U can tell they know what they're talking about when they use hackers and virus when defining DdOS

Matt0808

Career
Reaction score
You're explaining simply a DoS (Denial of Service). In a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) multiple computers preform a DoS attack towards one IP at the same time. In order for this to happen, computers are infected with a virus (not necessarily harmful to the computer, but equally unwanted). This virus embeds itself somewhere and when the hacker initiates the DDoS through his/her booter, a signal is sent to these infections that automatically preform a DoS to a certain IP. With more computers come more packets thrown at said IP. Both you and I could have these virusses and not know it, which is what the OP is trying to say. I'm actually going to do an Avast scan as soon as I get back on my PC.
Oh sorry I thought he meant the teamspeak server was being infected with a virus. These infected computers are used as a botnet which together send packets to the server. The botnet can however be replaced with a bunch of servers that the attacker owns.

Sorry for my mistake. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci