• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Possible Multi-Biome Arena Map?

Should I procede with making an arena here?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
So I started up a new save with the intention of playing some good, old fasioned, survival, but couldn't help but marvel at this place's diversity. There are about five different biomes (swamp, mountain, jungle, desert, plains) all within spitting distance of where I spawned. I know some people don't like maps made in multi-biome places, so I thought that I'd get an opinion on whether or not it's a good idea to make one here before putting in alot of work when no one wants to compete in a multi-biome arena. I've gone ahead and built spawn (or at least a rough layout of it) and taken pictures of the various biomes just so you all can see what the landscape is. Please let me know if you think this would be a good place for an arena. Also, please let me know of some ideas of things to place in here if you'd like.

Spawn both at day:

And night:

An example of how close the biomes all are:

Mountains (with the jungle in the background):

The jungle:

The swamp:

The desert and plains seem to be the biggest biomes here:

So yeah. Please vote up top and leave me any criticisms, critiques, suggestions, etc.

Thanks for reading.

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
This was randomly generated. I originally intended to do a survival playthrough, but when I saw the biomes, I figured that if there was ever a seed to make a multi-biome arena on, it would be this one. If you don't like it/the idea, just say so. I posted this BEFORE building it to avoid hours of work just to have it shot down because no one would want to play on a multi-biome map. So yeah. Honest answers, please.

_dose_

Experienced
Reaction score
yeh its not to good, you need mountanous areas and traps and stuff

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well in my opinion I think it's very good. Despite what dose says I think it is very well laid out. I agree though it does need traps, but the first thing to do is get it set up: you're on the right track. :)

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
Yea. Add some building's some ruins, traps, host house and all that kind of stuff. and i think this would be a cool map.
I love the simple look of it, the "standard Minecraft world look". ;)

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I love the idea, maybe make buildings that fit each biome,

Desert: Pyramid or Sphynx
Jungle: Tree houses or Ruins
Mountain: Log Cabin
River: House on Stilts or a dam
Swamp: House on Stilts? maybe
Snow: Igloo or Ice Fortress
Maybe a fire Biome as well, with lava rivers and stuff. it could be cool too

Just some ideas!

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
I love the idea, maybe make buildings that fit each biome,

Desert: Pyramid or Sphynx
Jungle: Tree houses or Ruins
Mountain: Log Cabin
River: House on Stilts or a dam
Swamp: House on Stilts? maybe
Snow: Igloo or Ice Fortress
Maybe a fire Biome as well, with lava rivers and stuff. it could be cool too

Just some ideas!
That would be really awesome to see.

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
I noticed the corn has some unfairness in it. Check out this attachment.
I see what you're talking about, but how different is that than the pedestals on the original map that are right next to the host house? However, I will try and remedy this. Maybe punch a hole in the wall there and make a little tunnel or something. Also, none of the starting spots have an easy escape, really. As you may be able to tell on the picture, cornucopia is on a small island in the middle of a river. The only way off the island is to swim. Everyone's at a disadvantage there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci