• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Positive Features About The Chest Update!

You like this chest update?

• Yes, yes I do

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • I liked it better the old way

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Potato

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

JustAHotDog

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The Chest Update
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok so besides the whole tier three dealio, I absolutely love the new chest update. Now, most people have been sharing some problems with this update, but I'm just going to give a brief summary on the positive stuff I found.

1. The Items In Chests
Now most players might not agree with me on this but I love the 'new old' items in the chests. Even though some of the items may seem pointless (clocks, shears, maps, etc), it actually makes tier twos less OP causing the last five people to not have full iron near the end of the game (good thing). This also makes iron armor and diamond swords appreciated a little more instead of taking it for granted.

2. The Maps
Maybe some people don't know this yet (kind of minor) but some of the map tiering has been updated as well. Not all the maps that had tiering problems were retiered, just the main ones (I'm talking about Rugged Lands, Avaricia, and MoonBase 9 corn).

3. The Gameplay
This changes the gameplay a lot. Like I said earlier, no more getting full iron in a single chest or at the start. Noooope. You either have to have a really OP route or kill people to get full iron diamond sword before refill. The survival aspect also comes back into play! The amount of food in tier ones decreased dramatically, which means less food :D! (I can starve again!). This can, however, make nubs hate it; (From a nubs vidw, I can understand) which is where most of the hate is coming from.

And finally the most important one of them all....

4. Happy Maps

This is probably one of the best things that has ever happened to MCSG. I can finally give people paper-cuts while the map smiles back at me. It's "Maptastic" (hilarious i know).

Overall I love this chest updates. There are a few minor tweaks there and there but it it still awesome :). Make sure to leave your thought below!

-Hotdog
(This was like my first thread in months so pardon me for lack of thread making skills)

Last edited:

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
i love the update except for breeze theres no chests in breeze

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
(This was like my first thread in months so pardon me for lack of thread making skills)
Off-topic-
Story of my life.
But seriously, people can make threads look really good.

I suck at making threads.

chunkmexican

Platinum
Reaction score
Woah I was not expecting this update to come today...unfortunately I was grounded today and can't go on the computer but decided to go on my ipad to look at the forums. My question is are my chest routes really all gone! It took me so long to learn my chest routes and right when I start having some OP routes its all gone!

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
In what servers is this update in? US 1-10 or all? Is it in EU yet? Plplsplsplsplspls tel mee

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
Shears are good, for running in forests you just cut all the leaves in your way so fast

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Most of the hate it coming from nubs? I would expect a staff member to not make such an unbackable and rude statement...

OMGitsApple

Survivor
Reaction score
I love the new chest update. And as you stated the hate is coming from most of the people who are not amazing at the game. But they will become better and get over it. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci