• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Popular Community Suggestions (Comment yours and I might add them/it)

Do you like most of these ideas or all and want them implemented?

• Total voters

Cryptic_Gamer

Diamond
Reaction score
First of all I am not takin credit for all of these Ideas I am mostly just putting them all into 1 thread even though a lot of these ideas are ones I came up with (Not saying nobody else has.)

1: Monthy, Weekly, and Daily Leaderboards with interactive leaderboards on both the main and the weekly, daily, and monthly leaderboards so you can click on kills or wins or points to see who has the highest. ( I know they are working on weekly and monthly LBs)

2: A best win streak stat under /stats and on the leaderboards even though it could be boosted on like many people do which ruins the competition aspect.

3: A v1 servers like what classic is where it goes from sg 1-4 and Breeze Island. But only 2-3 map votings to keep sg4 and breeze from always being played. Additionally have it on the classic items but put it for the regular leaderboards. These days is when I started playing more after I quit due to lag on sg2 and these were my favourite times in all of mcsg.

4: In regular games have chain and gold spawn in tier 1s with the chance of something like a stone sword to increase difficulty for more proffesional players like myself who get full iron from our chest routes and killing a few people. Also for the newer players to not get discouraged and have better chances. I personally find it boring almost winning just 3 shotting leather guys with a diamond sword. I know this may be a bad selling point but Hive has a system like that and it helps keep the game interesting and alive and harder to turn on someone who snuck up on you and just kill them instantly. This would also encourage more pvp instead of running away at the sight of you because they are so undergeared.

5: A set of servers probably 5 for people with over 350 wins. Mostly for more skilled players in the community and to see more people that you know.

6: Add back the ability to skip and vote or change what you voted for. Everyone I have asked wants this feature back and it isn't a big game changer it is just annoying when you vote for the wrong map or you dont like any so you want to skip yet there is a map that is better than the redt and you want it to win.

7: Add mobs to classic and not regular SG to re-create the classic feel. Not many other selling points for this idea but I feel as though it would help the classic servers feel, well more "classic".

8: A 4 player deathmatch. Although controversial because it may seem as though mcsg is copying is other servers, the fact is now most servers are using it. It would make deathmatch fun for fights of 2 on 2 and also would make the games go by faster. Also for the big maps like sg2, sg1, sg3, tsg2, etc it would make finding the last person to start deathmatch easy.

9: Custom deathmatch arenas for every map. Many maps have a terrible spawn for deathmatch and makes it difficult to fight teams on or even PvP in general such as sg4, teweran sg 3, teweran 1, Origins, sg5, etc.

10: The Clock makes people invisible permanently until we click it again not just until we rejoin. For a lot of us who have bad computers we freeze for about 10 seconds every time we go back to the hub fr any reason and most other hub servers when you make someone invisible they are invisible until you use your compass again.

11: The removal of seeds and saplings. These items have absolutely no use and are irritating for many players. Although it may seem as a waste of time but it would make so many people happy.
[Credit to: Theoretical ]

12: New donor perk! The ability to pick what map you want to play. Now I got this Idea from pepsizPower but I changed it a little. In his idea he said that there should be a cooldown but I disagree. People just leave and join games anyways so I don't see the point plus you did donate to the server and you will get bored of playing certain maps like sg4 and valleyside once I play it once or twice I start looking for other maps. Perhaps do /map and if you hit enter then a list will pop up on what you type like /map sg4 or when you type an inventory pops up with items for each map (more credit to pepsizPower :p)
[Credit to pepsizPower ]

13: Doing /stats or /records in the hub. Although it isn't huge it is still something that isn't hard to implement just like the seeds and saplings it would make a lot of players happy and would just be an easy thing to do by the developers to do for the community.

14: Bringing back Demons Breeze is something highly requested by the players of MCSG, getting rid of one of the communitys favourite maps is a huge mistake in my opinion especially with such micely distributed tier 2s the map offered a wide variety of ways to play and even with the iron sword it was a fun map to play on. Even though it did lag a lot an easy way to fix it would be to just turn your sound off.

Last edited:

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree with 1 and 4-7. Although, with number 4, I don't think chain armor should spawn, perhaps only gold. (I do realize that chain offers the same protection as gold, besides the pants, but gold armor breaks faster)

Number 2 IMHO sounds pretty stupid as people would just play in servers 90-100 and rack up wins against nobodies. I can do it aswell, it's not fun but people still do it to boost wins.

Number 3 just wouldn't be used very often, and it would cost too much for the servers considering the amount of people who would actually enjoy this.

Cryptic_Gamer

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree with 1 and 4-7. Although, with number 4, I don't think chain armor should spawn, perhaps only gold. (I do realize that chain offers the same protection as gold, besides the pants, but gold armor breaks faster)

Number 2 IMHO sounds pretty stupid as people would just play in servers 90-100 and rack up wins against nobodies. I can do it aswell, it's not fun but people still do it to boost wins.

Number 3 just wouldn't be used very often, and it would cost too much for the servers considering the amount of people who would actually enjoy this.
I get what you are saying but to me it sounds like non of these other than the chain would effect you but still the gold wouldnt really break anyways. Still thanks for checkin out the thread :)

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I like all your ideas, except for number 5. I really would enjoy seeing MCSGv1 servers, but the more recent MCSGv1, that'd be cool. But if they did do that (Which I unfortunately don't think they will), they should put maps like Yellowstone, Skyland's Survival, SG Anceint Japan, and other maps from MCSGv1 that were there. I think that MCSG may be sort of making regional leaderboards, and weekly/monthly. A lot of people encourage them to do it, I am pretty sure they'll do it at some point, at least I hope they will.

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
I like 1 and 2, but that's about it :(

RTGxxKaos

Career
Reaction score
These are all great ideas Cryptic_Gamer . I especially like the option of being able to change your vote because that would help a ton if someone voted for the wrong map. Other than that, the other features are great as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci