• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Points for survival

Survival points?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I feel like the SURVIVAL games should give some credit to actually surviving.
At the moment you only get points for killing and winning. Pvp. Ide say that surviving should be rewarded too.

Suggestion: Either give points to the last few people to survive, just for surviving that long. Or give points to people that survive after a certain amount of time. Like after every night they get 5 points or somthing.
Also maybe you could get points for xp. Like from killing mobs and stuff. Maybe every level of xp you get, you gain a point.

Just something to reward surviving and not only PVP

GammaDude1

Tribute
Reaction score
That would be nice. Getting a bonus point or 2 for surviving would make dying in the final death match worth it.

thebuckster1

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't really agree. I think the people who hide out at the wall for no reason other to lose points when the deathmatch comes shouldn't be rewarded for dragging out the game. The people who fight and emerge victorious are the ones who really deserve points.

*EDIT
I wouldn't mind points for xp gain, that wouldn't be too bad.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't really agree. I think the people who hide out at the wall for no reason other to lose points when the deathmatch comes shouldn't be rewarded for dragging out the game. The people who fight and emerge victorious are the ones who really deserve points.

*EDIT
I wouldn't mind points for xp gain, that wouldn't be too bad.
even hiding out though, wouldnt you deserve some points for suviving mobs, starvations, and people finding you?

And even if we dont give points to the last 3, should give points for the second to last. I mean, that person survived everyone else, and then at the very end he loses points for being killed by another player? thats really lame in my book. He should at the very LEAST not lose points from being killed in the 1v1 deathmatch.

But really I think the loser should gain a few points just for surviving that long.

Kang Kao

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm not good at killing, but I have been a survivor in the top 5 about 3 times and I wish it could be considered as progress.

mairinbaihn

Spectator
Reaction score
I definitely think after surviving a night you should get something, though a night is easy to survive out in the water...but to make sure that you aren't rewarding hiders and the like, you could reward things like number of mobs killed, loot discovered (ie: points for diamond sword, and iron armor), training wolves and living to the death match. I don't know if its possible to monitor and award these things, but if it was small points for worthy survival achievements, then maybe it would be effective and weed out those not making an effort.

Just a suggestion :)

thebuckster1

Tribute
Reaction score
The hiders get second place more often than not, and they shouldn't be rewarded for doing absolutely nothing. If you actuall played and got second, kudos to you, keep it up. If you didn't, no reward. This system will only encourage more people to camp the wall. For those reasons, I am completely against this.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The hiders get second place more often than not, and they shouldn't be rewarded for doing absolutely nothing. If you actuall played and got second, kudos to you, keep it up. If you didn't, no reward. This system will only encourage more people to camp the wall. For those reasons, I am completely against this.
even hiding out though, wouldnt you deserve some points for suviving mobs, starvations, and people finding you?

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
I think you should get points for surviving, even for the people who camp, since its their strategy and still takes some skill.

thebuckster1

Tribute
Reaction score
They don't do any fighting, and there's no way they could win. There shouldn't be a reward for that. Yes, they survive, but you can survive an entire game by hiding in a tree or in a little cave. Living isn't hard.

Xoncom

Tribute
Reaction score
I definitely think after surviving a night you should get something, though a night is easy to survive out in the water...but to make sure that you aren't rewarding hiders and the like, you could reward things like number of mobs killed, loot discovered (ie: points for diamond sword, and iron armor), training wolves and living to the death match. I don't know if its possible to monitor and award these things, but if it was small points for worthy survival achievements, then maybe it would be effective and weed out those not making an effort.

Just a suggestion :)
Would've been AWESOME, but unfortunately i think that a plugin that records all that is pretty much impossible... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci