• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Plugin Idea: Chain Armor = Slight Fire Resistance

Should a Plugin like this be implemented into MCSG?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
For everyone who is saying chain mail can't be fire resistent, on the minecraft survival guides it says that chain mail armour was created by fire so therefore I can be fire resistent.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
For everyone who is saying chain mail can't be fire resistent, on the minecraft survival guides it says that chain mail armour was created by fire so therefore can be fire resistent.
Well technically even though the Rings from the Lord of the Rings series were shaped in the fires of Mordor, the rings could only be destroyed by the very flames that created them.

Very smart Algerwaterlow :D
No, it has nothing to do with my intelligence. It's common sense. I used what I've observed of the properties of chain mail armor both IRL and in Minecraft. Applying the natural physics of fire to something with gaps in it shows that the fire will, in most cases barring unexpected occurrences, try to fill in those openings.

AlgerWaterlow maybe they can just give enchantment tables a higher likelyhood of giving Fire resistance.

~Sol
I actually like that idea as long as it's broadened to other enchantments as well and there's a better way of accumulating XP throughout the game so every player has an equal chance of getting the same amount.

ItzSolo

Iron
Reaction score
For everyone who is saying chain mail can't be fire resistent, on the minecraft survival guides it says that chain mail armour was created by fire so therefore I can be fire resistent.
Most things metal were 'created' by fire correct? Forging metals to make swords and armour, is 'created' by fire. If we are thinking logically it doesn't make too much sense for only Chain armour to be fire resistant, if chain gets an upgrade why doesn't leather, or gold?

~Sol

Slinqy

Platinum
Reaction score
Let's think about this logically for a second, 'kay? Chainmail has holes in it. This is what gives the steel it's strength. Now I agree that chainmail should technically be more durable than iron in some cases due to the interlocking pattern it has. However, chainmail has HOLES. What does fire do to holes? It goes through them. Its tongues of flame lick them pleasurably. Chainmail has holes. Iron would melt from the heat. Leather would melt even faster and gold would melt fastest of all as it's one of the softest metals. Diamond gear would also be too OP.
We are playing a block game, it doesnt have to be the most "realistic" haha

thechamp11

Platinum
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea, I honestly really like it. However, I don't think it would be the best fit for MCSG. Now, maybe it's not a bad idea for the MCGamer community. Maybe there could be another gamemode in which this could be implemented?

Maso

Diamond
Reaction score
Nice idea man, it would be nice to see something similar to this implemented.

Slqme

Survivor
Reaction score
Please, no. I rely on FnS way too much for this to be a thing!

Mitch

Platinum
Reaction score
Or we could focus more on finding a plugin that would automatically perm-ban a player using a hacked client!

( jk the idea seems pretty cool :D ) ( I just wish we could have cobwebs and tnt like hive ._. )

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, but I believe that fire resistance should be more common on armor instead of making armor itself more fire resistant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci