• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Plugin Idea: Chain Armor = Slight Fire Resistance

Should a Plugin like this be implemented into MCSG?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slinqy

Platinum
Reaction score
Chain Armor = Fire Resistance

Recently I've noticed that people have been relying on FnS too much and it ruins the fun for some people. This is an idea to try and counter the FnS spammers. Since there aren't that many new PvP tactics to take advantage of here at MCSG, I feel the development of this plugin would add a completely new and unique play style never before seen by a survival games server.​

How it works - Some of you might be wondering, "Slinqy, how would you make this system work and prevent it from being overpowered?" Well the answer is quite simple, the more chain armor you are wearing, the greater chance you have from taking no fire damage. Every piece of chain you equip would give you a 10% chance to avoid fire damage (Besides helmets because they give the same protection as iron), giving it a maximum of 30% chance not to take damage.

Why it cant be abused/Overpowered - The reason why this isn't overpowered is because in exchange for extra fire resistance, you are giving up protection from almost anything else on the battlefield. Swords and bows will do more damage than usual, plus it doesn't guarantee full fire resistance meaning good PvPers still have a chance to use their FnS skills.

Last edited:

ItzSolo

Iron
Reaction score
Eh, I find that if that is implemented people will just not use FnS when it comes to fighting people in chain armour. Some people sacrifice 1-3 hits by placing down a charge of FnS, and if there is a 60% chance the charge will do no damage its kinda a waste of usage. I'm sure people will deal with it if it is implemented, but I think something else like Throwing Knives would be good enough to spice up PvP.

~Sol

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Let's think about this logically for a second, 'kay? Chainmail has holes in it. This is what gives the steel it's strength. Now I agree that chainmail should technically be more durable than iron in some cases due to the interlocking pattern it has. However, chainmail has HOLES. What does fire do to holes? It goes through them. Its tongues of flame lick them pleasurably. Chainmail has holes. Iron would melt from the heat. Leather would melt even faster and gold would melt fastest of all as it's one of the softest metals. Diamond gear would also be too OP.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Melt, burn...."semantics Mr. Miles!" My point is is that it makes no sense for chainmail to be magically fire resistant the second you get it. The Gamemakers of the original Hunger Games didn't spray Katniss's sleeping bag down with flame retardant prior to putting it in that orange backpack at the cornucopia. =_=

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci