• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Players Leaving During Setup

Do you often see people leave or leave yourself when setup has begun?

• Yes, every match

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • From time to time

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Never

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

2brostudio

Tribute
Reaction score
This has been a minor problem for a while, but still a very annoying one. What happens is that when the match actually starts, one or two players almost always leaves right away. Even more so, it's often a donator who just kicked my friend. Other than lag and crashes (or a giraffe toting a time bomb strolls into your room), there really isn't a good reason I could see why this would happen other than trolling. Of course, there's those who may have to leave at that very moment, but if you knew you had to leave, why would you waste an open spot in the lobby?

My idea entails some sort of deduction of points, nothing major, but enough to make people either stay in or not join at all for the said match. To avoid a slew of players avoiding this and leaving right after it starts, there could be a five minute grace period after the start, but even so it starts getting more complicated than it should. I'd love to have something like this implemented into SGv2, but it still needs revising. Got any ideas? Post in chat.

Reaction score
Some people NEED to leave, others just don't want to play the map picked. I do this when SG4 is voted for the 20th time in a row. Sometimes people crash, sometimes real life intervenes. Is it fair for those who get kicked - no. Should points be deducted - no.

I say no, this would mean people would lose points for crashing, and that's fair for nobody. Sorry :( You'll just have to deal with it.

EDIT - A grace period WILL NEVER be implimented... I'm not even sure how that affects your suggestion. And a 5 minute grace period? HELLLL NO! 10+ deaths can occur in 5 minmutes minutes, that would be a complete game changer.

2brostudio

Tribute
Reaction score
Some people NEED to leave, others just don't want to play the map picked. I do this when SG4 is voted for the 20th time in a row. Sometimes people crash, sometimes real life intervenes. Is it fair for those who get kicked - no. Should points be deducted - no.

I say no, this would mean people would lose points for crashing, and that's fair for nobody. Sorry :( You'll just have to deal with it.
Ah, I forgot to mention people not liking the map. I agree, I can't stand it with SG4 for the umpteenth time either. However, Chad did mention the new voting system logic, so it should lessen itself by a degree. The only problem is how to deal with crashing. Of course I don't want those crashed to lose points, I don't want this turning into another NCP.

EDIT: With the grace period, of course there would have to be a way to figure out who has left and who died, however this part of the idea is becoming less likely. Scratching the grace period out.

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
Actually, it would be better if players could join during setup but only if there are spots open (as in- no donators joining and kicking in setup to troll) so that way if a donor who kicked your friend doesn't like the map and leaves, your friend could still join and stuff.​

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
On a similar topic, exactly why can't players join in deathmatch? It's not like it would make the server any laggier.

2brostudio

Tribute
Reaction score
On a similar topic, exactly why can't players join in deathmatch? It's not like it would make the server any laggier.
I think that's due to the fact that it would be pointless to join, you'd be kicked in at most 5 minutes. I would like to have that changed though, however that's for another day, another topic ;)

Iced94

Survivor
Reaction score
Well my friends internet is not the greatest and he disconnects 1 in 20 games or so, and occasionally he is kicked during startup, and I play MCSG as a fun game to play with friends, of course I solo but playing with friends is so much more fun. So I leave the play with them. Also occasionally I have to leave in startup or mid game even if something crops up in real life that is more important than a game so I leave then as well, I really don't see it as a problem it may be a minor annoyance, but if you want to play with a friend (most of mine aren't donators) you will be leaving in the lobby if they get kicked and finding another game that is restarting, if I want to play with my friends I'll leave the lobby no matter how close it is to starting, it may be annoying but playing with your friend is better than you and your friend playing in different lobbies, so if you did that you wouldn't even be thinking "Even more so, it's often a donator who just kicked my friend"

Not saying that you're doing anything wrong just stating my opinion that it isn't anything really to do with the game, and there is much more important stuff that they could be fixing and they are very busy testing and preparing MCSG v2 which I expect great things from, and after that if there is no major bugs small things like this could be sorted. Sorry my answer is long but I am better with longer answers than smaller ones. :D But I don't see how 22 players is really worse than 24, you probably wouldn't have seen the other players anyway so it doesn't matter much. :)

2brostudio

Tribute
Reaction score
Well my friends internet is not the greatest and he disconnects 1 in 20 games or so, and occasionally he is kicked during startup, and I play MCSG as a fun game to play with friends, of course I solo but playing with friends is so much more fun. So I leave the play with them. Also occasionally I have to leave in startup or mid game even if something crops up in real life that is more important than a game so I leave then as well, I really don't see it as a problem it may be a minor annoyance, but if you want to play with a friend (most of mine aren't donators) you will be leaving in the lobby if they get kicked and finding another game that is restarting, if I want to play with my friends I'll leave the lobby no matter how close it is to starting, it may be annoying but playing with your friend is better than you and your friend playing in different lobbies, so if you did that you wouldn't even be thinking "Even more so, it's often a donator who just kicked my friend"

Not saying that you're doing anything wrong just stating my opinion that it isn't anything really to do with the game, and there is much more important stuff that they could be fixing and they are very busy testing and preparing MCSG v2 which I expect great things from, and after that if there is no major bugs small things like this could be sorted. Sorry my answer is long but I am better with longer answers than smaller ones. :D But I don't see how 22 players is really worse than 24, you probably wouldn't have seen the other players anyway so it doesn't matter much. :)
The reason I bring up donors kicking my friend last minute is because that often does happen, and then they leave. No hate to donors, but it's just that this often happens where they will join, then leave in a minute. For me and my friend both being non-donors, finding a good match is hard sometimes, so it's basically like a troll to us each time. This is minor though, I don't wish this to be focused on more than say, smarter ncp and such.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
When the game is in "PRE-GAME" why not just let players join when someone leaves in the middle of pre-game? ._. Problem solved.
Because the pre-game time is to make sure everyone is ready. Instead it should close voting and lock in a map 4m 30s into lobby and leave 30 seconds for players to leave and others to join. Going along your idea would cause another problem of players joining when the countdown is about to finish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci